Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham for Beckham

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Why do you begrudge a son capitalizing on his dads fame, I sense a hint of green here. You say it wasnt free what did it cost anybody?
Not green at all I just don't feel thats it's right Just another part of the Beckams roadshow

macky

Dec 28, 2004
If the roadshow has made headlines for Unicef and had a Brighton & Hove Albion forum talking about it, it's worked.
Problem being the Beckhams are being spoke about more than Unicef

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
One of my best moments when playing football was my Dad (and Manager) coming on when I was on the pitch. And he scored!

Good on Beckham, he raised a bucketload of cash for UNICEF so to have 10 minutes of fun is fair enough.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nice to see David giving his son a helping hand in to the family publicity business. The International exposure should do the lad all power of good for Brooklyn's future marketing opportunities. It's just odd that none of the other renowned players on that pitch did the same for their sons too ?

None of them have Beckhams' star quality (which includes an eye for an opportunity). In case that sounds bitchy, I have always loved Beckham and still do. And I have no idea why :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Slightly OT but the same game did anybody notice Ashley Cole played 90 mins and was very good getting forward cant comment on his defending as he had very little to do and nobody running at him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
None of them have Beckhams' star quality (which includes an eye for an opportunity). In case that sounds bitchy, I have always loved Beckham and still do. And I have no idea why [emoji38]ol:
I was being a bit sarcastic, I am well aware the Beckham's eye for an opportunity has always been considerably better than his eye for goal

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Slightly OT but the same game did anybody notice Ashley Cole played 90 mins and was very good getting forward cant comment on his defending as he had very little to do and nobody running at him.

I hardly think a charity game where Ashley Cole was one of the youngest players on the pitch is a good barometer of how good he is now. Most of the other players were over 40 and retired for quite a few years, a totally different prospect to having 20 something wingers at the peak of their fitness running at you.

Next you'll be suggesting we sign Brooklyn Beckham based on his link up play with his dad and the fact he put in a couple of good crosses.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Brand Beckham was an ordinary Joe player but made a fortune on the back of his wife's great singing talents. This sprog would not have got near the pitch lest his connections. Made a load of cash for a good cause so who gives a Donald?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hardly think a charity game where Ashley Cole was one of the youngest players on the pitch is a good barometer of how good he is now. Most of the other players were over 40 and retired for quite a few years, a totally different prospect to having 20 something wingers at the peak of their fitness running at you.

Next you'll be suggesting we sign Brooklyn Beckham based on his link up play with his dad and the fact he put in a couple of good crosses.

I would think his know how would get him through so would like to see us sign him or another left back and then be able to play LR as a defensive option on the right midfiled for the tough away games coming up pre Christmas starting at Burnley. Or possibly the Aussie from Bradford on loan with an option to buy in January. I will be very disappointed if there isnt one in before Burnley. We could always get Stephen Ward after Burnley

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure why Beckhams are getting a hard time. One of my bosses has shared a First class cabin from London to LA on BA with all of the Beckhams, in fact he was the ONLY none Beckham in the cabin and said they were all lovely, in fact Victoria was very funny and apologised for her gang taking over the cabin for the flight.

Lovely family

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I was at the game, and I'm kinda in two minds about the whole thing. On one hand, it must have been an amazing experience for David AND Brooklyn, to be able to substitute each other. However, the latest isn't (and possibly never will be) a professional footballer, and yet he's on the same pitch as some of the greatest players the world has ever seen. What made it MUCH worse, was the crowd getting over-excited every time he touched the ball, and yet, not being bothered when everyone else did!

He did OK, put a couple of decent crosses in, but not much else apart from that. There was a nice little touch with both Beckhams passing to each other for a minute or so – such is the exhibition of a charity game – but as a spectacle, lots of things about it were quite odd.

For a start, there were touts on the way to the ground - at a CHARITY football match. I've seen some low things in my time, but that just takes the biscuit. Then there were the boos for different players (Terry, Carragher, and Scholes, bizarrely). I can't understand what would make you do that at a charity game, even if you are the reddest of reds. Especially Scholes – I guessed it was to do with him having a pop at LVG – but what made a mockery of it was the boos, followed by cheers and applause for him when he attempted a lob, and hit the crossbar. Talk about fickle...

It's difficult to tell too much about any of the players' abilities on that performance though. Many of them have still got it – the Ronaldinho shot, and Seaman save was a particular highlight – but I doubt they could make, say, our first team.

But yes, as a charity event, well done to Beckham for getting it organised (I don't actually know how much of it was down to him, or if it was just him putting his name to it) and raising a load of cash. Pretty sure lots of the crowd had never set foot in a stadium for a game, possibly the Doris behind me who commented that Brooklyn "even runs like his Dad".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here