Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckford to Huddersfield

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Did a search, can't see anything else on the subject. If it's already been posted, never mind.
Bit of a surprise this one, to me anyway.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Here's the bumf from the Beeb.

Jermaine Beckford moves on loan to Huddersfield from Leicester
Huddersfield Town have signed striker Jermaine Beckford on an emergency loan from Leicester City.

The Terriers came close to signing the 28-year-old in the transfer window, but the Foxes changed their mind just before the window closed.

Huddersfield boss Simon Grayson said: "Jermaine is a good footballer and he adds something different to the squad.

"The players we have at the squad all have different qualities and Jermaine is a natural goalscorer."

Beckford and Grayson having worked together before at Leeds United and the striker will be a part of Huddersfield's squad for the visit of Watford on Saturday.

Grayson said: "Everyone at the club has had a tough time trying to get this deal over the line; not just on August transfer deadline day but also in the last 24 hours.

"Jermaine comes straight into the squad for Saturday's game against Watford."

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I wanted us to sign him in the transfer window, I'm shocked he has gone to Huddersfield but his arrival means they should hang around the top six for a little while longer and they will be stealing points off the big boys more often this season.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I wanted us to sign him in the transfer window, I'm shocked he has gone to Huddersfield but his arrival means they should hang around the top six for a little while longer and they will be stealing points off the big boys more often this season.

I think he is a far better signing for them than Bothroyd is for Wednesday. I remember being at Withdean when he scored a great goal against us for Leeds.
Good player at this level & would have been very happy to see him here on loan. He's certainly better than our previous loan strikers.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think he is a far better signing for them than Bothroyd is for Wednesday. I remember being at Withdean when he scored a great goal against us for Leeds.
Good player at this level & would have been very happy to see him here on loan. He's certainly better than our previous loan strikers.

Certainly better, if we had signed him on loan I'd have been delighted

D

Deleted member 18477

Hopefully this will upset Vaughan who looked a beast against Blackpool! And Novak is handy as well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here