Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Right, I'm really clutching at straws now but what does this phrase mean to you? & what do you find beautiful that perhaps you could apply to this?

Cheers guys for any help, not that I expect anyone to take this seriously.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
It is beer holder, not beholder... It explains the ability to find someone attractive after 10 pints...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It basically means that what some people find beautiful, others don't. My girlfriend being a case in point.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why does this guy get to judge?

large_SB_BEE_KEEPER_2.JPG

(incidentally, google image search for 'bee holder' returns some interesting pictures if your safe search is off)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Right, I'm really clutching at straws now but what does this phrase mean to you? & what do you find beautiful that perhaps you could apply to this?

Beauty is subjective not objective.

What DKM says.

The best illustration for me, is in car design. I've was once at a car show where two people had a conversation about the Pontiac Aztek, which went something like this:

"I love that new Aztek from Pontiac"

"Really? I think it's the ugliest car I've ever seen."

"No, you're wrong, it looks fantastic".

Another one for you: "One man's meat is another man's poison" :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This phrase is for when you couldn't get the fit girl to marry you and you settle for a Biffa so you can at least have something to spaff your beans up when you're middle aged.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why does this guy get to judge?

large_SB_BEE_KEEPER_2.JPG

(incidentally, google image search for 'bee holder' returns some interesting pictures if your safe search is off)

So it does. Although the juxtaposition of those interesting images with the altogether more wholesome bee related images is somewhat disturbing.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
It basically means that what some people find beautiful, others don't. My girlfriend being a case in point.

Aha, so if you had to physically illustrate this phrase, you'd do so with an image of your girlfriend?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we have had the pleasure of having some of the most beautiful cats to live with us(most of which came off the streets of Brighton and Wales) but I still have a love of the most knarled scar ridden dog eared bandy smelly tom cats they have the most beautiful personality and normally never bow to anyone

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

.... as in "the Goldstone was a great fotball stadium".

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
In reality nothing is beautiful, and nothing is ugly.

Things just are, and we take it from there.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In reality nothing is beautiful, and nothing is ugly.

Things just are, and we take it from there.

Very well put. It is interesting what we are wired through evolution to find attractive.

A very good example is why is it people find legs so sexually alluring and yet another part of the anatomy - such as arms - aren't given the same treatment.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Very well put. It is interesting what we are wired through evolution to find attractive.

A very good example is why is it people find legs so sexually alluring and yet another part of the anatomy - such as arms - aren't given the same treatment.

Legs lead the way to vagina.

Arms lead the way to armpits.

Personally, I like armpits, but they are far less popular that vagina.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here