Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beating Sheffield Wednesday

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Just looked on Owlstalk, jeez they like a moan up on there...Feel that they have been singled out for bad decisions by refs this year, also stating Stephens tackle was disgusting and should never be overturned, because Bannans one wasn't.

Wonder if they will be asking for the best ref and putting pressure on him like Boro did....

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Here are the rules from the Football League: http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/playoffrules.aspx

All goals are equal whichever ground they are scored in whoever scores them. Losing 1-0 in the first leg and winning the second 2-1 means penalties after extra time.

I just hope we do better than the last two playoff experiences. I wouldn't like to repeat either of them or any of the other events associated with them (clackers, poogate, it all going very pear-shaped against Derby).

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
No worries Nscer's. Players were so gutted after Boro & will now be fired up more than ever so the next team up is getting smashed! Oh good - it's Sheffield Wed :lolol: who by the way have only won one of their last 6 games.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What are you on?: We would lose 5-3 on aggregate

I think what he meant was if we lost 2-1 up and won 1-0 at home would we go through on the away goal. I dont think it applies.
He is being clever with the meaning of 'away goals count DOUBLE' ie as 2 goals.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Can we get some of those number boards to hold up to score Forestieri's dives?
Oh God.

We have the awful prospect of along with the Pawson, and Dean refereeing howlers, we'll get a third with another ref being conned by a Forestieri drive :nono:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Here are the rules from the Football League: http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/playoffrules.aspx

All goals are equal whichever ground they are scored in whoever scores them. Losing 1-0 in the first leg and winning the second 2-1 means penalties after extra time.

I just hope we do better than the last two playoff experiences. I wouldn't like to repeat either of them or any of the other events associated with them (clackers, poogate, it all going very pear-shaped against Derby).

I remember Swindon mate.

Winning away, losing home, got to the finals on pens

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
As Wolves have shown us yesterday, Wednesday can be beaten,

What tactics would you use against them - if you were CH?

For me I'd watch the wolves match and see how and where Wednesday have weaknesses and attack through exactly the same channels

It will be 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. That's all we ever play. Probably the former given the lack of Stephens

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always worth another look.

I blame Stephens! :catfight:

Did he need oxygen , that looks like a nasty head injury :smile: and what was the outcome? Would it be too much to expect him to have got a card of some sort for that?

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Did he need oxygen , that looks like a nasty head injury :smile: and what was the outcome? Would it be too much to expect him to have got a card of some sort for that?

It's a real irony is that it's a clear foul from Forestieri in the first place isn't it!

Winning officiating strikes again! :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here