Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat Boro.................... or it's Hillsborough bound

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
To be fair if we have to go for the play offs I hope we absolutely tear you a new one...I have never come across such an arrogant bunch of supporters apart from Leeds..Must be a Yorkshire thing, feeling inadequate.. All the comments of 'we are much better than Brighton', 'they don't travel, so will only have a bus full' etc etc.

I am hoping a lot of your fans will be eating a portion of humble pie, whether it is us or Boro you play!

being from Doncaster I can assure you it aint a Yorkshire thing. More like a club that has been thinking they are still big. Wednesday fans can be arrogant but nowhere near as much as Leeds. But don't really get this same attitude from any other Yorkshire club imo. Wasn't Man City fans known for this attitude when in league 1? I think so.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
How many points are we ahead of Wednesday?
15?

Yeah, I'm terrified about playing a side good enough to squeak into the POs in sixth, whilst we close in on 90 points.
Scary stuff.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How many points are we ahead of Wednesday?
15?

Yeah, I'm terrified about playing a side good enough to squeak into the POs in sixth, whilst we close in on 90 points.
Scary stuff.

Worth pointing out that Wednesday were toilet at the beginning of the season. In the last 38 games, we've accumulated one point more than them.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Worth pointing out that Wednesday were toilet at the beginning of the season. In the last 38 games, we've accumulated one point more than them.

Fair point. But that also includes our three-week blip.
If you compare records following the end of the blip (from January 13th say), you'll find we're over ten points clear.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Fair point. But that also includes our three-week blip.
If you compare records following the end of the blip (from January 13th say), you'll find we're over ten points clear.

Means 100% of F all. If we play like we played in the second half against "nothing to play for" Derby we'll get deservedly tonked. Wednesday looked very tidy against Cardiff. I'd rather Boro had a crack at them to be honest.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Means 100% of F all. If we play like we played in the second half against "nothing to play for" Derby we'll get deservedly tonked. Wednesday looked very tidy against Cardiff. I'd rather Boro had a crack at them to be honest.

We'll have finished third, with a gaping chasm to their finish of sixth. We've a better team and I would fully expect that to tell over two legs. It usually does (see Boro v Brentford for details)

That being said, I'd rather watch Boro dismantle them.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Morning Seagulls!

Hope you're all well, I assume the nerves are kicking in now, a big big game awaits at the Riverside and it's as Cash rich as the PO final itself, a straight shootout.

A trip to Hillsborough awaits the "losers", I assume you're not looking forward to that should the worst happen, we had two close encounters in the league this season and could see another two tight, tense affairs on the cards, that said a trip to the Amex on a Monday isn't appealing either.

All the best

I wouldn't worry, you'll be losing to Boro, not us. At least that may be a little easier travelling for you too.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I feel pretty buoyant. I think the team are prepared for whatever gets thrown at them. I certainly don't feel like they've packed for the beach yet - even if far too many of our fans are skulking off heads low with their towels under their arms.

We are a hard outfit to beat and goals can come from anywhere. We've got great talent at the back; a solid midfield duo; pace, trickery and guile on the wings; and tireless forward that will press and press; another striker hungry for goals and another that is growing into his loan period the more I see him. I'm really happy that they will want to prove everyone wrong and that they'll not lose their head whatever happens. They'll follow Chris's leadership.

Whether it's Boro, Wednesday, Derby or Hull, I fancy us to do the job.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont understand that 'nothing to play for Derby' they wanted to win to put them on equal points with Hull going into the last game to give themselves a chance of the 2nd leg being at home. Hence their celebrating the goal.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
After yesterday's appalling display I am almost certain that we'll end up in the po final vs. Derby and I reckon we could play them for nine hours straight and not beat them.

Wednesday? Why does ever pundit go on about the "right" of a football city like Sheffield with its northern northerness to be represented in the EPL? What about us? Bloody hell no one, not Sheffield Wednesday, not Burnley or poxy Boro have suffered as much as Albion fans for so long.

Because we come from a "trendy" southern city with a large gay and liberal knobhead contingency it means that the working class brightonians who are the backbone of the club, who went to Gillingham & Hereford sat in the pissing rain and snow at withdean watching us get done by poxy tranmere or whoever...what about OUR right?

It makes me sick. Claridge was even saying that Wednesday should go up because of how they " suffered " after hillsborough. Eh? Wednesday not bothering to keep their safety standards up to regs was one of the main reasons for the disaster from what I've read.

It's no ones ****ing "right" to go up. We've been at the top of this division all season with a far less expensively assembled squad than the likes of Boro Hull and Derby. Sod Wednesday. Sod the lot of you.

And don't forget that Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa are far too big not to be playing in the Premier League and it would be an absolute travesty for them and their long suffering fans if any of them were to be relegated to the second tier.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
"We're on our way back"

Yeah, course you are. It's only a matter of time until a club so massive that they were once in the top league for a bit, head back there.
Like Pompey. Or Bradford. Or Leeds. Or Sheff United. Or Forest. Or Coventry. Swindon. Oldham. Wigan. Luton. etc.
Oh.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Any chance of Forestiere and Hooper either getting sent off or pulling a hamstring against Wolves just in case.

I think you will find it is their reserves that play at Wolves. Another disadvantage of finishing 3rd and having to play to the last game!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think you will find it is their reserves that play at Wolves. Another disadvantage of finishing 3rd and having to play to the last game!

We could play our reserves against Boro if we wanted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here