Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Beach Hut!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In vaguely unrelated news, a homesick Norwegian work colleague has just built her own back garden sauna for a pittance.

One small cheap wooden garden shed and some cladding to retain the heat.
Second hand wood burner from eBay
Wooden bench x 2 from Freecycle
Old frying pan
2 big stones
Scented oils

Works like a dream apparently.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In vaguely unrelated news, a homesick Norwegian work colleague has just built her own back garden sauna for a pittance.

One small cheap wooden garden shed and some cladding to retain the heat.
Second hand wood burner from eBay
Wooden bench x 2 from Freecycle
Old frying pan
2 big stones
Scented oils

Works like a dream apparently.

Just in time for the heatwave :thumbsup:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Failing to see how you could possibly class a beach hut as a "rip-off".
No one is forcing you into a corner to buy one.
And if you did you'd of been well rewarded with your investment.
My sister bought one about 5 years ago, had a fantastic summer in it, got some income by renting it out some days on Airbnb, then sold it on for 30% more than the price she'd paid for it just 15 months earlier.
Oh, and I almost forgot, she also got to meet 'knocky 1'.

I really don't think you comprehend the definition of what it means to be "ripped-off".

Your sister spent more than most people can afford to spend on their car on a garden shed so she doesn’t have to carry her deckchairs all the way from the car to the beach.

That fact that someone was stupid enough and out of touch enough to spend even more on it doesn’t change that.

Errr, yes it does.

In what way was she 'ripped off' on an investment that made her a 30% profit? Did she need to make 50%, 100% profit before she wasn't ripped off?

The person she sold it to, maybe, but not her.

By the way, I am making no comment as to whether or not people should be spending more on a beach hut than a car, but I really am struggling to see how The Maharajah of Sydney's sister was ripped off by making a profit... ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We purchased our beach hut at Lancing for £800 and sold it around 8 years later for £4k.

I distinctly remember the stupid bitch who bought it as well as two days prior to selling she rang me and said "I only want to pay £3k", my response "no problem you aren't having it".

An hour later she transferred £4k

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Your sister spent more than most people can afford to spend on their car on a garden shed so she doesn’t have to carry her deckchairs all the way from the car to the beach.

That fact that someone was stupid enough and out of touch enough to spend even more on it doesn’t change that.

Some people like buying a beach hut and some people are stupid enough to spend money on cocaine……just saying like. :moo: :whistle:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Looks like my valuation was £5,000 short. Now £35,000

D73B0440-6D75-4EEE-80CC-1095B2062FEC.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here