Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Be Proud

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Probably the most gutted I have been after a PL game.

The reason is because we were so ****ing brilliant and that the result was so totally unjust.

It doesn’t feel like it now but this is a positive, we are good, our system is working and Potters work is coming together.

I’ll take these few days of pain for the big picture.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
As the anger starts to subside, I remembered that we were without Bissouma today and yet dominated Pogba and Matic for a lot of the game. Exciting times is as much an understatement as 'You deserved something from that game Graham.'

Ozwald

Dec 8, 2019
Grieve over the weekend, then lets go out on Wednesday and tear them a new hole, we know we can now. Who knows how far we may get in this cup, and the further we get the sweeter it will taste knowing we knocked man u out to be there.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
At what point do we think Potter could start to get linked to ‘bigger’ clubs? Yes, players will be identified as potential targets, but same happens with managers.

He’s being spoken about in very positive terms be other managers and pundits now.

I hope that he’d look at the stability which Bloom goes for (no knee-jerk sackings), and the overall structure of the club if bigger clubs came sniffing.

But, I agree with [MENTION=41469]Nameless[/MENTION] that this is a very exciting time to be an Albion fan. I’m enjoying the football we play - compared to the last year under CH and it really was dire.

Why on earth would he leave though? He's put together an amazing side, on a limited budget and is working with amazing people above him and amazing people below him, in amazing facilities. This isn't a club in the country that could offer him a more interesting place to work right now. Not one.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
As the anger starts to subside, I remembered that we were without Bissouma today and yet dominated Pogba and Matic for a lot of the game. Exciting times is as much an understatement as 'You deserved something from that game Graham.'
So who do we drop if we bring back Biss next week. Alzate and Lallana played well. Will we drop Connolly?

D

Deleted member 2719

At what point do we think Potter could start to get linked to ‘bigger’ clubs? Yes, players will be identified as potential targets, but same happens with managers.

He’s being spoken about in very positive terms be other managers and pundits now.

I hope that he’d look at the stability which Bloom goes for (no knee-jerk sackings), and the overall structure of the club if bigger clubs came sniffing.

But, I agree with [MENTION=41469]Nameless[/MENTION] that this is a very exciting time to be an Albion fan. I’m enjoying the football we play - compared to the last year under CH and it really was dire.

I have been worried about this and it reared it's head again today as we took Utd apart.

If we lose Potter I may just meltdown it would be up there with losing the Goldstone..........almost.

Guys like Potter are a rarity.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This. Everything's a little raw now, and people have every right to be fuming, and probably are. Myself included. And that's fine. But after a few days, people should start to realise that we've got something very very good going on here. We're heading in the right direction.

Absolutely. It's another one of those days where some will come on and moan about people moaning/negativity etc, but it's not been that at all. It's the frustration of dropping points we really shouldn't have, in insane circumstances.

Underneath the frustration and anger the vast majority of us will be incredibly proud of the way we've played again today, with the world watching too.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It’s not though is it, that’s just putting a brave face on. I feel absolutely gutted. Yet again, we didn’t quite get what we deserved against a scalp like Utd’s. It’s not a good day. It doesn’t even compare to a draw at Watford. We lost. It feels like robbery because it was. That is not my definition of a good day. Christ, who celebrates when they’ve been burgled?!

Depends how well insured you are!

Karma . . . . Potter earns his money this week by keeping the players heads in a good place, like he did after the Chelsea game.

Everton away is hard, then we MUST send Palarse home with sweet F A.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Depends how well insured you are!

Karma . . . . Potter earns his money this week by keeping the players heads in a good place, like he did after the Chelsea game.

Everton away is hard, then we MUST send Palarse home with sweet F A.

Ok. They didn’t just steal the tele. They shat on the floor.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have been worried about this and it reared it's head again today as we took Utd apart.

If we lose Potter I may just meltdown it would be up there with losing the Goldstone..........almost.

Guys like Potter are a rarity.

They are . . .I don't think we will lose him for a few years yet, as long as we make steady progress.

He is still young and inexperienced as a top flight manager, assuming TB and the club can keep expectations In line with any promiseds and GP's expectations it's all good.

GP doesn't come accross as a glory hunter . . . . Maybe a 3 -4 year project and assess . . . .

Yes we need to enjoy it while we can, but I don't think he'll be going anywhere soon

I'm sure TB has him on a HUGE release clause.

D

Deleted member 2719

They are . . .I don't think we will lose him for a few years yet, as long as we make steady progress.

He is still young and inexperienced as a top flight manager, assuming TB and the club can keep expectations In line with any promiseds and GP's expectations it's all good.

GP doesn't come accross as a glory hunter . . . . Maybe a 3 -4 year project and assess . . . .

Yes we need to enjoy it while we can, but I don't think he'll be going anywhere soon

I'm sure TB has him on a HUGE release clause.

I hope you're right.

But if someone really wants him, you never know.

If we could dream of making Europe just for a second, maybe he would be in no hurry.:O

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I recall many people in the media(and on NSC) questioning the early decision by TB to extend GP’s contract. TB knows what he’s doing and could see very quickly that he’d got the right man to take us forward. The mix of PB, DA and GP and his team is exceptional and TB has had the strategic foresight to put this in place. I think PB might be the most likely of the triumvirate to be lured away in the next few years. I sincerely hope the unit stays together as long as possible because today was brilliant - apart from the score and I know that’s crucial - but we were so good to watch.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Why on earth would he leave though? He's put together an amazing side, on a limited budget and is working with amazing people above him and amazing people below him, in amazing facilities. This isn't a club in the country that could offer him a more interesting place to work right now. Not one.

All of that.

Not only that, but there is a good fit between us and GP which is probably unique. Graham is definitely a people person, he cares about character and personality in his players. We recruit specifically with those attributes in mind, I'm not sure you can say the same about the big spenders who might like his coaching style. He might be able to get a bigger budget at other clubs, but he'd also be likely to be told, "we are buying xxx, for £100M. He's arrogant and selfish and sometimes he works hard and sometimes not. But he's good so we are getting him. Good luck".

Here, ever player who comes through the door has to pass a test which few other clubs care much about. We have a squad of players who GP will know passes that test before they so much as kick a ball on the training pitch. I would say that is probably something he appreciates and is a good fit for him and how he works.

I also think he isn't the kind of guy who wants to just get dropped into the top of the league. He wants to prove himself, I'd like to think he can see that getting us to the top, with work and patience is a real possibility, and I'd like to think he would rather have a good crack at that before he considers getting there by some other means.

Finally, football clubs can be fickle. None more so than those at the top. We have cautious and reasonable expectations. His job, and so his personal circumstances, and those of his family, are secure. If we hit dizzying heights, or if we take a stumble, we are in it with him for the long term if that's what he wants. If he is happy, which I'm sure he is, he has a good thing going here and that will remain true come what may.

I wouldn't worry too much about this question, at least in the short to medium term.

Jimmy Grimble

After spending hours blocking the post-game stuff out I’ve now returned to feeling incredibly pissed off. Such an injustice today on so many fronts, it’s genuinely unbelievable.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

He will definitely be linked to big clubs from now on every time they sack a manager, but he wont leave.

When he was coaching Östersund he turned down significantly bigger clubs than ÖFK, like Malmö FF, Djurgården, FC Köpenhamn and West Bromwich.

He went to Swansea because thats where he got some inspiration to his style when he first started managing, so he knew they had the same philosophy as him. And most likely he would have stayed there if it was a healthy working environment.

GP wants to work with club owners/staff that are close to the club and more visionary than reactionary. He wont be working with Abramovich, the Glazers, the Arsenal yank or (most likely) not City either. Liverpool or England could be a candidate in a few years. He is also not going to want to uproot his family for the third time in just a few years.

He is staying (unless he gets sacked obviously, but I think thats pretty far away).

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Doubt he’d be a Serious contender for bigger clubs Yet.
I know we’ve lost two from three, but if we keep this style up and the points come, of course he will be.
Fast, exciting football....game time for youth Team players...signing other young Players and developing them At likely profit....what’s not to like?
Then again, things could take a turn for the worse and he could be fired by Christmas (Doubt it, but it happens ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here