Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be honest - are you truly excited about today?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Excited is maybe too strong a term for it, but always look forward to going to the Amex, otherwise I wouldn't go. And with most of the poxy international breaks out of the way for the time being, this is where the season really starts. Bring it on! :albion:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm excitedish to be going, but I'd rather be out on a 'geek' ride.

Although that's not a fair comparison as I don't think I will have too many opportunities for a geek ride between now and spring.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not massively excited, either. Last season I was ambivalent because the football was boring, despite good results. This season I feel ambivalent because I find the football frustrating. I feel like people are being bamboozled by the number of shots we have and are ignoring how so many of them are not the right choice, how many of them are just long range hit and hopes.

I also found the paul barber threads a little depressing, dampening my enthusiasm a bit more, and I'm not sure why, whether it's that they needed to be posted because of fan complaints, whether it's because they were just so (understandably) dully written, whether it was that it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, whether it was that it was another indication of how football is about money, or that it was (effectively) a board member posting on NSC because he didn't like the criticism - something we mock parish for on the palace board (though, at least barber didn't get drawn into a tit for tat argument).

Bit harsh IMHO putting Barber and Parish in the same bracket? The fact that he has tried to answer those criticisms surely should be praised?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I'm looking forward to a game of football again, that's for sure.
I spend what I spend, it's what i can afford on what I want to buy. Everything else around the club is beyond my control, but it's the club I've supported since I was a teenager, and considering where we've been, we're in a pretty good place now
Well said.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Bozza's point about fan engagement is well made. I feel pretty ambivalent about the club in general at the moment but come 3.00 pm I'll be totally engaged. I also get the feeling that reality has hit most posters on NSC regarding the likelihood that we're not going to be play-off contenders this year and on our present form we'll actually be relegation contenders. These are difficult feelings to cope with given the success of the last 4 years.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I always look forward to match days, particularly so after an international break. Bring it on!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
If the trains were fine and I didn't have the prospect of sitting on a damp smelly bus for a couple of hours then I might be more excited. I actually think there will be sub 20k bums on seats today

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Im always excited about going to the game, especially after a 3 week break. Meeting friends, soaking up some warm autumn sunshine, a pie and a pint for £7.50 (which I believe is quite a fair price tbh), the ups and downs of the game and the recurring feeling that we were robbed and that next week we will get a fairer result, is what its all about.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
C'mon fella's ...this is after all the Albion we are talking about, we are not glory hunters who only want to "sing when we are winning" - Barcelona we ain't , so why expect to be top of the league every year?
The comments about the costs are genuine, but that is football these days , blame it on Sky tv distorting the finances of our game...

Whatever happens today , Up the Albion!
:albion2:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes - hughley, missed last 2 and already at the stadium having set off at 7am to miss the usual m40 m25 and m23 nightmare. Going to watch BHA powerchair take on Middlesborough next to the Amex first, so good luck to both first teams and hopefully we've picked up a combined 6 pts come Final Score!

Last edited:

NODC

Apr 19, 2012
I'm excited, had to give my season ticket up this season so this will be my first game of the season.

Also it my daughters birthday Tuesday and it was her that said we should go to the football as a treat for her! Dead proud of her what a great choice

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Always excited before an Albion match, will never tire of it (I hope & pray). Huddersfield on a Tuesday night to look forward to too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here