Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC1 - Immigration - now

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If this is true, I can't understand why it's a problem. I couldn't care less where my neighbours were born

where were they born? my next door neighbours are nigerian and chinese. top people. yours?

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
What if you are black and native, though ? What is you are Asian and native ? Weaved in to an anglo-saxon tapestry.

I'm not suggesting that such a scenario as you describe is never made real, but I have sat in many an underground train and not heard the English language spoken. It is not something that has caused me to feel fearful, fascinated yes, not fearful.

I've always described fear as coming from two sources, indoctrination and experience. I would suggest that, in the way you describe, it is mostly the former.

wow. i would not have understood that as a small child myself.

He has objected to immigrants placing their culture and religion above our own , this is one of the consequences

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/...ine_to_customer_in_tesco_in_neasden_1_3686201

if you think tbis wont start becoming more and more prevalent you're living in a dream world , as this story proves you dont have to be a practising christian to object to an immigrants religion being placed above our own.

Oh f*** me, this is brilliant. One employee going against the company line (and probably disciplined or sacked) shows that Islam is taking over our society? Jebus help me.

It would be a problem if it were company policy (except it wouldn't, because the shop wouldn't be open and you could simply go to one of the other shops that was open). It would be a problem if a law was introduced saying that shops were not allowed to serve food or drink during daylight hours over Ramadan (a bit like the Christian-based policy we had over shops opening on a Sunday which we still haven't quite gotten over), but they haven't. One arsey employee refusing to carry out his job properly does not a problem make.

For every strict (and/or overly strict, as in this case) adherent to a restrictive religious practice there are a great number of people that aren't. It's a bit like saying that the Christian couple that were recently in court for refusing to allow a gay couple to stay in their hotel are a sign of the increasing creep of fundamentalist Christianity into our society - it's complete nonsense.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He has objected to immigrants placing their culture and religion above our own , this is one of the consequences

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/...ine_to_customer_in_tesco_in_neasden_1_3686201

if you think tbis wont start becoming more and more prevalent you're living in a dream world , as this story proves you dont have to be a practising christian to object to an immigrants religion being placed above our own.

That surely is a far more trivial incident than a doctor refusing to carry out an abortion due to their Christian beliefs - I'm an atheist but wouldn't be offended nor upset so long as there was an alternative, which in both cases there is.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You just know the Bashlsdr's and PPF's of this world will spend their retirements on a tatty armchair, peeking out the curtains to see who's outside, getting brought cups of tea and moaning at their long suffering family about how they don't watch Top Gear since Krishnin Guru Murphy, Caitlin Moran and Stewart Lee took over hosting duties and being slightly miffed the Romanians never did actually launch a full scale attack and we aren't run by Sharia law. But it's coming, you wait! You won't be laughing when they loony left are turfing you out of your home at 3am and moving 25 Gypsies and all their nappies in.

i cant stand top gear but caitlin moran is justas cringeworghy and self satisfied as the three weapons currently presenting. two sides of the same coin.

stewart lee would be good though. poerhaps richard hammond could take up the job swap challenge and do a hilarious stand up routine, that he is not a real stew.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
i cant stand top gear but caitlin moran is justas cringeworghy and self satisfied as the three weapons currently presenting. two sides of the same coin.

stewart lee would be good though. poerhaps richard hammond could take up the job swap challenge and do a hilarious stand up routine, that he is not a real stew.

I cannot stand the woman, just thought of the most lefty Guardianista I could.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh f*** me, this is brilliant. One employee going against the company line (and probably disciplined or sacked) shows that Islam is taking over our society? Jebus help me.

It would be a problem if it were company policy (except it wouldn't, because the shop wouldn't be open and you could simply go to one of the other shops that was open). It would be a problem if a law was introduced saying that shops were not allowed to serve food or drink during daylight hours over Ramadan (a bit like the Christian-based policy we had over shops opening on a Sunday which we still haven't quite gotten over), but they haven't. One arsey employee refusing to carry out his job properly does not a problem make.

For every strict (and/or overly strict, as in this case) adherent to a restrictive religious practice there are a great number of people that aren't. It's a bit like saying that the Christian couple that were recently in court for refusing to allow a gay couple to stay in their hotel are a sign of the increasing creep of fundamentalist Christianity into our society - it's complete nonsense.

Oh do leave off , this is just something that happened over the past couple of days , your comparison with christian hoteliers doesnt stack up at all , why isnt the muslim employee up in court the same as the hoteliers , inches be ome miles and this is just another example of muslims believing that things have to change for them rather than adapting themselves , just like these parents
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28293086

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Oh do leave off , this is just something that happened over the past couple of days , your comparison with christian hoteliers doesnt stack up at all , why isnt the muslim employee up in court the same as the hoteliers , inches be ome miles and this is just another example of muslims believing that things have to change for them rather than adapting themselves , just like these parents
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28293086

No it's not - that link is an example of where a school was trying to treat its Muslim pupils differently than the rest of the children by sending them home at lunch time.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No it's not - that link is an example of where a school was trying to treat its Muslim pupils differently than the rest of the children by sending them home at lunch time.

They were treated differently because they behaved differently , the other pupils had something to eat , as I said , another example of muslims believing everything has to change for them.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
They were treated differently because they behaved differently , the other pupils had something to eat , as I said , another example of muslims believing everything has to change for them.

Did you never skip lunch when at school - I certainly did and wouldn't have expected to be sent home if found out!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have no idea, and that's the point: I don't care. Because I live in a town where its highly likely that they'll be from my own ationality and culture, and I wont feel like im being swamped by a culture or religion that is totally alien to my own.And that's why I don't care about the statistics cited by the OP showing where people are born.
EFA

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
as this story proves you dont have to be a practising christian to object to an immigrants religion being placed above our own.

Yet what you refer to as our religion was actually brought here and forced upon us by immigrants who "placed it above our own" (paganism). :rolleyes:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Probably not at primary school , but we're not talking about tbe odd child missing lunch here are we ?
You do your argument no good at all by posting crap articles like that. It is completely unreasonable that a school says it can't cope with kids fasting.

I thought it was an interesting programme last night. However, there was some very disingenuous stuff being promoted. For example, the French 22 year old woman being paired up with the fairly tepid/half-arsed bloke whose confidence was shot to bits. That woman is living 19 to a house, and is only doing what many carefree 20-something Europeans do. She is not the issue. There are plenty of similar people doing the same thing all over the world. So why the programme makers chose to hold her up as an example to a bloke who clearly isn't the same type of person is completely beyond me.

What is more interesting is the Polish carpenter who saw fit to recruit people from Poland rather than look locally. I have a lot of sympathy for the angry 25 year old Essex geezer who was pissed off that he being undercut by these sort of outfits. And when he confronted the Pole about his policy of recruiting from Poland, he really didn't get a very good answer.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You do your argument no good at all by posting crap articles like that. It is completely unreasonable that a school says it can't cope with kids fasting.

Why?

You think ritualised starvation in children is normal and something anyone should automaticly 1, accept and 2, adapt to?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Why?

You think ritualised starvation in children is normal and something anyone should automaticly 1, accept and 2, adapt to?

They tried to adapt to it by not allowing the children to stay there during lunch and were told by the Muslim community that there was no need to adapt and to allow the children to stay. What inconvenience does it cause to the school/non-muslim children if the Muslim children are fasting? FWIW I'm an Athiest and don't think fasting is a good or normal thing, but they have a right to practice it if they believe it and in this case the problem was entirely cause by the school being stupid. Did you even read the article?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
6 pages and no Buzzer hammer and tongs with DaveInPrague?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here