Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BBC- Your club's most memorable final day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wonder what percentage of the crown that saw us hold Man City on Wednesday night know anything about the Hereford game? I would wager it is a lot less than people think. I reckon 30%. At most.

How many people are there left who regularly went to the Goldstone and then Gillingham / Withdean? There can't be more than a few thousand, and we get 30,000+ crowds these days.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Poor old Stuart, I imagine the interview with the reporter went something like this:

R: "What's your most memorable last day of season?".
S: "Hereford of course".
R: "... and what about in the Premier League?"
S:" ... oh, in that case ..."

The Journo's then done what they do best and Stuart has become the fall guy.

Aside from that, the Newcastle one ... that's annoying!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My opinion is that Stuart didn't mean any harm, was thrilled by this season's events, and I'm not at all sure this thread should have even been started.
Agreed. This thread is totally unjustified in the way its been framed at least and has been used, sadly, an excuse to offer up a few thinly veiled insults to a fellow fan - who most don't even know - on the basis they've shared a fairly trivial quote for a BBC article that you disagree with.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Agreed. This thread is totally unjustified and has been used, sadly, an excuse to offer up a few thinly veiled insults to a fellow fan - who most don't even know - on the basis they've shared a fairly trivial quote for a BBC article that you disagree with.
Exactly ...

I wonder what the percentage of people on here is that just love that pile on feeling on a fellow fan?? Maybe we need a poll :D

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I wonder what percentage of the crown that saw us hold Man City on Wednesday night know anything about the Hereford game? I would wager it is a lot less than people think. I reckon 30%. At most.

How many people are there left who regularly went to the Goldstone and then Gillingham / Withdean? There can't be more than a few thousand, and we get 30,000+ crowds these days.
I guess you have to factor in age especially with the Goldstone. We left the Goldstone in 1997, I guess most people's first ever game you'd be about age 8-10, so you'd need to have been born in about 1987-89 to have gone to a match at the Goldstone. Where my ST is at the Amex I reckon most were born pre 1987-89 so almost certainly went to the Goldstone. But if you go to other parts of the ground...I.E the North I imagine a large percentage were born after 87-89 so probably didn't go to the Goldstone. The small amount of people who attended the Goldstone is probably due to the time that has elapsed since we left the Goldstone.

Even with Withdean and attending first match at 8-10, you'd need to have been born in 2001-2003 and I can imagine a fair few at the Amex were born post 2003.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As I stated above - Stuart is not a JCL!

And he is most certainly not a moron! Once again, so may on here feeling they have to show how outraged they are that someone has a different opinion to them by throwing around childish insults.

It was a comment off the back of an amazing achievement ... caught up in the moment of what's just happened. It's on a BBC website for goodness sake ... hardly serious stuff!!
Totally agreed.

I don't agree with Stuart, but that's all. And, as has been said, there may be caveats to it.

Sadly, this one seems to bring out the worst of t'internet. The fact it is, it doesn't matter. It really doesn't.

The only moronic behaviour is those who engage in abuse. Stuart probably does more for fans than anyone spilling bile on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here