Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BBC team of the WC group stages

el punal

Love it! One gigantic, enthusiastic piss take of mega proportions. Well done Albion fans on getting SIX past and present Brighton players into the World Cup XI so far.

Obviously it’s a fun survey but you wouldn’t believe it when you read some of the chuntering, miserable comments on the BBC’s HYS (Have your say). There are a load of morose twats around that’s for sure.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There’s a couple of our players that merit inclusion, but I fear that Brighton fans have done a bit of a Leeds here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There’s a couple of our players that merit inclusion, but I fear that Brighton fans have done a bit of a Leeds here.
Why didn't the palace fans do the same...

...oh.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Love it! One gigantic, enthusiastic piss take of mega proportions. Well done Albion fans on getting SIX past and present Brighton players into the World Cup XI so far.

Obviously it’s a fun survey but you wouldn’t believe it when you read some of the chuntering, miserable comments on the BBC’s HYS (Have your say). There are a load of morose twats around that’s for sure.
Of course it is rubbish! I've contacted the BBC suggesting they ditch the ruddy thing, or at least put it at the bottom of the page so we don't have to scroll through all that garbage to get to the match reports, teams, stats, etc. - the stuff we want to read.
Still, if the silly sods at the BBC insist on persisting with it, we might as well get stuck in and make a mockery of it, eh?

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This is what happens when you give people the chance to vote on something.

The outcome isn't necessarily democratic or what should happen. It's just whatever the people who voted want to happen.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course it is rubbush! I've contacted the BBC suggesting they ditched the ruddy thing, or at least put it at the bottom of the page so we don't have to scroll through all that garbage to get to the match reports, teams, stats, etc. - the stuff we want to read.
Still, if the silly sods at the BBC insist on persisting with it, we might as well get stuck in and make a mockery of it, eh?
Agree with this. It's pointless clickbait exercise and gets in the way of reporting the match.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There are 4 albion players and 2 former players in the 11 that make up the team of the group stages. Incredible really, we have come a long way for sure.

World Cup 2022: Who made your group stage XI and who ranked best? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63766571
7th in the PL and 7th in the number of players we've taken to the WC

Really have to pinch myself compared to where we were a generation ago...

Nicky Rust Fan Club

Sep 26, 2020
Perth, Australia
Estupinan and Caicedo were both outstanding for Ecuador and deserve their recognition, similarly Mitoma has been excellent in his substitute appearances against european heavyweights Germany and Spain.

Not sure about some of the other players there.

el punal

Estupinan and Caicedo were both outstanding for Ecuador and deserve their recognition, similarly Mitoma has been excellent in his substitute appearances against european heavyweights Germany and Spain.

Not sure about some of the other players there.
MacAllister for Argentina against Mexico and Spain?

Trossard definitely up there in an underwhelming Belgium side.

Sarmiento adding his bit when coming on as sub for Ecuador.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
MacAllister for Argentina against Mexico and Spain?

Trossard definitely up there in an underwhelming Belgium side.

Sarmiento adding his bit when coming on as sub for Ecuador.
Trossard and Sarmiento weren't good

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Mac Allister has been outstanding and will hopefully continue to shine. Feel sorry for Cac and Perv as they were outstanding for Ecuador and deserved to go further in the competition.
Thankfully I don’t think Tross did himself a lot of favours so it may keep him local for a while longer.
Overall, we really do have some quality players in our squad.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do feel we've let AliMac down. So much so that I spent a good 5 minutes voting for him over Messi last night :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here