Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Studio Team 9; ITV Studio Team 2

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Agree! Love the BBC coverage. Itv is awful and dont know why they would get a pundit who barely speaks English and has to have his sentences finished off by Chiles the whole time. Ps Lawro is my favourite commentator. Taking the mick out of goal line technology

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Itv is awful and dont know why they would get a pundit who barely speaks English and has to have his sentences finished off by Chiles the whole time.

ITV have a long history in this department dating back to using Paul Gascoigne as a pundit in 2002. Cannavaro is there because he is a former World Cup winning captain and one of the best defenders of all time. People saying they should have got Vialli in, I would imagine he will be a pundit for the BBC on matches involving Italy later on in the tournament, as he has been in previous tournaments.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
BBC's coverage is obviously better because they don't have to contend with ad breaks which doesn't allow the programme to breathe and don't have Adrian Chiles waffling. Their pundits generally are also better, although that said, Robbie Savage will lower the intellectual tone once he appears on air.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Im finding the titles for the ITV coverage really irritating and we're only 3 days in. But the punditry is woeful. Lee Dixon is the only one who ever has anything to say that is remotely erudite. Ian Wright is NOT a pundit - they may as well just have him standing in the background screaming "ENG-ER-LAND, ENG-ER-LAND, ENG-ER-LAND". I haven't seen Roy Keane on the ITV panel yet - has he finally had enough of dealing with "Punch Me" Chiles??

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
BBC's coverage is obviously better because they don't have to contend with ad breaks which doesn't allow the programme to breathe and don't have Adrian Chiles waffling. Their pundits generally are also better, although that said, Robbie Savage will lower the intellectual tone once he appears on air.

This. I honestly struggle to understand what hold Robbie Savage has on the BBC Sport bosses - has he got some pictures of them all in a Thai brothel with straws up their noses or something?!? Because honestly, he's fecking useless and doesn't add any form of insight into any game he's working on. Honestly, I find GNev much better on Sky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here