Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sport's Unsung Hero of 2004?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Should Paul Samrah be noiminated, if he agrees to it?...

Search for the heroes

Do you know someone who helps others take part in sport within your community?
If so, why not nominate them for the BBC's search for Sport's Unsung Hero of 2004?

Regional winners will be invited to the star-studded Sports Review of the Year show at Television Centre in London.

The overall Unsung Hero wiill be announced as part of the programme, and join other prize winners including the Sports Personality of the Year.

We are looking for an individual who, on a voluntary basis, makes a difference to sport within your region.

They must give their time and talents to enable others to participate in the sport in question.

This may be in helping an individual, group, team or teams.

This sport can be at any level.

They must be someone who gains no financial reward for their time and effort.

They must be aged 16 years or over.
The search for Sport's Unsung Hero is taking place across the United Kingdom.

It will see winners initially named in the following BBC areas: Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, East, East Midlands, London, North East & Cumbria, North West, South, South East, South West, West, West Midlands, Yorkshire & Lincolnshire.

All 14 regional winners will be invited to the Sports Review of the Year show on BBC One on Sunday 12 December 2004 where an overall winner will be announced.

Your nominee must be informed and have agreed to being entered. Winners will be announced on or before Sunday 5 December 2004.

Nominees may be asked to appear on BBC TV and/or radio. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decision.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think that's a great idea. Although I wouldn't be too surprised if the BBC run scared of getting involved in any 'political' issue ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nice idea, but you can guarantee that this award will go to someone who works with disadvantaged/disabled kids etc, that's more the kind of thing the BBC would want to be assoicated with than a quasi-political campaigner.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Probably right about the political thing, but imagine the publicity this could generate for the cause...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's probably no bad thing trying to get him nominated while we await the inquiry.

It'll possibly get some publicity which will keep our campaign in JP's mind. That can only be a good thing. My vote is to nominate him even though the Beeb won't entertain it-another bit of publicity if that were to happen too.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
good idea but not sure he fits the bit about

They must give their time and talents to enable others to participate in the sport in question

Unless you argue that watching is participating.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Wardywonderland said:
good idea but not sure he fits the bit about

Unless you argue that watching is participating.

I thought the same thing, but then thought that the Albion team will not be able to play if we don't get Falmer, because the club cannot survive without the new stadium...

Paul - what do YOU think about the whole idea?... and don't be modest...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here