[Other Sport] BBC Sports Personality 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Let’s face it, a small TV audience with only a small proportion engaged enough to vote, and a small voting window results in most votes going to the one with a “loyal” fan base. It’s the wrong time of the year for the likes of Broad and KJT to get votes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a post. You should be delighted with yourself for that one.
There’s a few on this thread who should feel the same way.

I thought Fatima Whitbread was wonderful, Kenny Daiglish lovely, and Desmond from Sheffield, inspirational.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And dressed like she was on her way to “work” 😉
Well done for commenting on what she was wearing, ffs :facepalm:

For what it is worth, I thought she came across as a humble, high-achieving, healthy-looking and athletic woman. Exactly the sort of role model I would want for my teenage daughter.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

For what it is worth, I thought she came across as a humble, high-achieving, healthy-looking and athletic woman. Exactly the sort of role model I would want for my teenage daughter.
Was she fit or not ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I’m surprised there wasn’t more comments about her outfit……

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As in #33, Mary Earps was fully deserving of her inclusion in the final 6. And she's clearly popular with the public as the vote showed.

Even with 2 major tournaments to generate interest, a second successive winner coming from women's football is telling.

With Raducanu's win in 2021, it's 3 wins out of the last 3 for women, with 2 out of the top 3 in the last 2 years being women.

It probably reveals something about the change in televised sport on the BBC and public perception.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m surprised there wasn’t more comments about her outfit……

Click on the photo to reveal more of this role model

Attachments

• 1703024800259.png
    1703024800259.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 133

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
England’s best player in the first side to reach the football World Cup final for over 50 years. It had to be her really.

The rise and rise of women’s football is fantastic. If it makes more young girls want to do sport then I am all for it. I have twin teenage daughters. One is sport mad and playing hockey for decent adult team at 13 while the other hates sport. The life experiences the sport mad one gets have been fantastic. We try our best to give the other one opportunities but it is hard work and forced rather than the most natural thing in the world. Sport teaches kids so much that is useful in life. Hard work pays off, resilience when struggling, team work, succeeding, failing etc etc. also very healthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports