Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sport Quote from Sami

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was sitting on the fence over Sami Hyypia and thought he has to have some kind of a chance but after his quote after last nights game he can disappear up his own orifice.
Talk about contempt for supporters that KEEP HIM IN A JOB maybe just a small acknowledgment to your fans Sami may make us get behind the team that bit more.

"I make my own pressures as for outside pressures, I don't really care." BBC SPORT

You've got to love North Stand Chat. We finally win so people can't moan about the result. Instead people start threads with complete drivel like this. What a joke.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't clap my students at the end of a lecture for attending, why should he feel obliged to do the same for fans, especially as a significant percentage of them want him to lose his job.

Come on, when you've given a real shocker that sent them all to sleep, you MUST feel like giving them a small clap...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lapsing into national stereotypes, aren't ALL Finns slightly downbeat characters? All the ones I have met are. When they weren't on the vodka, anyway. Actually, often both at the same time.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Gratitude for what, exactly?

I don't clap my students at the end of a lecture for attending, why should he feel obliged to do the same for fans, especially as a significant percentage of them want him to lose his job.

Would you thank someone who wanted you to be unemployed, in your line of work?

Do your students always clap you at the end of a lecture then? just interested like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Totally agree.

Bloke who sits a few rows away from me always stays to clap the team off regardless of the result or performance. Personally, I'd like to see him given an opportunity as manager as he would clearly acknowledge the fans after. Couldn't give a shit if he doesn't have a clue about training, tactics, dietary requirements, recovery or scouting - he'd clap the North Stand and traveling support after an away game and that is all the matters

Having been to several away games this season, Sami does clap the visiting fans.

As already posted, this is just another excuse to criticise the manager.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
It's probably just a language thing.

The guy is Finnish and I doubt, beyond TV, he has ever heard or spoken English before.

All things considered I think he does remarkably well.

He played football here for years!

Although that was in Liverpool so your point about English still stands.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He played football here for years!

Although that was in Liverpool so your point about English still stands.

Damn I was hoping my comedy stylings would catch someone out.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd prefer a manager who sets his own standards rather than someone who is swayed by the crowd.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:dunce: Unbelievable, if managers listened to outside pressures as he words it most of them would probably be mentally ill.

I DEMAND he do a CLAP for every individual FAN or I WILL be burning my season ticket at the stake.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Something else for all of you Hypia haters I was told last night that at Bournemouth on Saturday he refused to sign autographs for supporters except for 1 who was wearing a Liverpool shirt. Dont know if that is exactly true but it certainly turned 1 fan who sits near me from fence to out.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Something else for all of you Hypia haters I was told last night that at Bournemouth on Saturday he refused to sign autographs for supporters except for 1 who was wearing a Liverpool shirt. Dont know if that is exactly true but it certainly turned 1 fan who sits near me from fence to out.

:lolol::laugh::lolol:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Having been to several away games this season, Sami does clap the visiting fans.

As already posted, this is just another excuse to criticise the manager.

I know he didn't do it at Birmingham (cue shitfit on here and at the game). Brentford it was hard not to as he had to walk right past - although admittedly Murray managed it - and I was too drunk at Watford to notice

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

People don't half tell you a load of old crap. I'm not complaining, keep them coming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here