BBC news about the gay chants.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Nope, I think we are dealing with some prig who thinks he should tell everyone else how to enjoy themselves at football. Go to watch cricket instead.

I'm not telling anyone to do anything.

Growing up to act like a mature person with a brain is a personal quest.

Some sad old men just aren't up to it.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Actually I'm talking about the dead shits who make such chants in the first place.

I've been to massive sporting events all over the world. Witnessed some amazing crowds along the way.

Then you have these football crowds with groups of 30+ year old men acting like utter immature morons.

It's cringe worthy and an embarrassment to any club whose fans think it's great fun. People like that need to grow the **** up.

So people don't like chanting then, thats fine there is always village cricket that people can watch.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Put it this way. I go to football to let my hair down and enjoy myself. If you don't like that. Well, ****ing tough!

I have no issue with you doing that.

So long as you consider others around you and your actions reflect that.

Plenty of people can go out for a drink and a laugh without acting like immature knobs.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I'm not telling anyone to do anything.

Growing up to act like a mature person with a brain is a personal quest.

Some sad old men just aren't up to it.

Well, how about this? Next time you see something at football, grow a pair and say something to their faces instead of being billy big bollox on here.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So people don't like chanting then, thats fine there is always village cricket that people can watch.

Nothing wrong at all with chanting.

You'd just like it to be a bit clever and a fun laugh for all if its done well. A great chants one that both sets of fans would enjoy isnt it?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well, how about this? Next time you see something at football, grow a pair and say something to their faces instead of being billy big bollox on here.

Is there any point?

I think it's been established we aren't dealing with intelligent nor reasonable people here.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think it's safe to say that if you're a grown man and you think it's all well and good to use gay as an insult in a public venue you're lacking in the intelligence stakes.

Wouldn't you agree?

I think the juxtaposition of your point and your sig is the best bit of this ridiculous exchange.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My take on it is, this stand back.

Either homophobia is a crime or it is not. There is no middle ground here. The people who spout this vile shit and mainly 40 and 50 year olds ( and their sons thinking their Dad is a hero ) old Men living in a timewarp and probably wishing it was still 1976 and they could abuse Black footballers and throw banana's on the pitch as that was acceptable once. It really is the last stand of the moronic and braindead. If you went up to someone in the street and yelled, Aids scum I hope you die you would be rightly arrested so why is it acceptable at a football stadium inside or outside ? Does anyone seriously think their enjoyment of the matchday football experience will be spoiled by not being insulted in an often hostile way ?

Surely opposing fans can use other " banter " than the tired old Homosexual chestnut ? Surely they have the wit to think of something else ? Probably not.

So they trot out the homophobia time after time and it is at best incredibly boring and tiresome now and an insult in that being gay is something to be abused. As far as I am concerned people are people, white, black, gay, hetero. That does not define them, what defines them is the sort of person they are.

I think BHAFC have brought it on themselves to a large extent by being far too lenient with this issue.

One game go in and chuck out 20 people and let them stand in the rain until their coach comes along. Ok a few may be innocent but it would be a harsh lesson and other fan bases with a 600 or so round trip may think twice.

The Stewards and Police are equally culpable. They stand there and hear it and do the square root of f*ck all about it. Maybe the Police empathise with the abuse, how many gays are in the Police force I wonder ?

We also need tougher stewards. A student in a yellow jacket does not make a steward but they probably just want to collect their £ 7 and hour and go home rather than confront a neanderthal, braindead homophobe.

I find the poll that 70% of people think it is a non issue and some fans actually seeming to encourage sad.

Liz Costa has actually had the balls, so to speak, to make a stand and good for her. The abuse she has got is frankly bewildering and people who do not want to tolerate it are not " bobble hats "

The Man up argument is laughable. As is the latent homosexual references. You do not have to be black to hate rasicm or white come to that. Likewise you do not have to be gay to find it very distasteful.

I cannot think of one single reason why this shit is tolerated and this is not an invasion of free speech. If it is free speech can do one.

The Amex has a big sign saying " the community stadium " , well it is not a community stadium all the time this happens.

Last edited:

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
My take on it is, this stand back.

Either homophobia is a crime or it is not. There is no middle ground here. The people who spout this vile shit and mainly 40 and 50 year olds ( and their sons thinking their Dad is a hero ) old Men living in a timewarp and probably wishing it was still 1976 and they could abuse Black footballers and throw banana's on the pitch as that was acceptable once. It really is the last stand of the moronic and braindead. If you went up to someone in the street and yelled, Aids scum I hope you die you would be rightly arrested so why is it acceptable at a football stadium inside or outside ? Does anyone seriously think their enjoyment of the matchday football experience will be spoiled by not being insulted in an often hostile way ?

Surely opposing fans can use other " banter " than the tired old Homosexual chestnut ? Surely they have the wit to think of something else ? Probably not.

So they trot out the homophobia time after time and it is at best incredibly boring and tiresome now and an insult in that being gay is something to be abused. As far as I am concerned people are people, white, black, gay, hetero. That does not define them, what defines them is the sort of person they are.

I think BHAFC have brought it on themselves to a large extent by being far too lenient with this issue.

One game go in and chuck out 20 people and let them stand in the rain until their coach comes along. Ok a few may be innocent but it would be a harsh lesson and other fan bases with a 600 or so round trip may think twice.

The Stewards and Police are equally culpable. They stand there and hear it and do the square root of f*ck all about it. Maybe the Police empathise with the abuse, how many gays are in the Police force I wonder ?

We also need tougher stewards. A student in a yellow jacket does not make a steward but they probably just want to collect their £ 7 and hour and go home rather than confront a neanderthal, braindead homophobe.

I find the poll that 70% of people think it is a non issue and some fans actually seeming to encourage sad.

Liz Costa has actually had the balls, so to speak, to make a stand and good for her. The abuse she has got is frankly bewildering and people who do not want to tolerate it are not " bobble hats "

The Man up argument is laughable. As is the latent homosexual references. You do not have to be black to hate rasicm or white come to that. Likewise you do not have to be gay to find it very distasteful.

I cannot think of one single reason why this shit is tolerated and this is not an invasion of free speech. If it is free speech can do one.

The Amex has a big sign saying " the community stadium " , well it is not a community stadium all the time this happens.

Man up :D

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This whole "if you don't like it go watch something else" argument is nonsense. It can equally be reversed. If you don't like removing prejudiced chants from your repertoire, why don't you go to a bnp meeting, or join one of those marches that usually cause in the city centre (march for england?)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This whole "if you don't like it go watch something else" argument is nonsense. It can equally be reversed. If you don't like removing prejudiced chants from your repertoire, why don't you go to a bnp meeting, or join one of those marches that usually cause in the city centre (march for england?)

I'll reverse it for you Acker, I don't want to join a march in Brighton, I do want to go to the Amex. You are in a proven NSC monority, why not stop posting on this subject?

Alternatively, f**k off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports