Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Loses rights to Olympics from 2022

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'll file this under, why did open in the first place, i don't give toss to be honest and wonder why anyone does ???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Doesn't this effectively mean a middle man is going to make a lot of money from redistributing rights with a nice element of profit thrown in.

I'll file this under, why did open in the first place, i don't give toss to be honest and wonder why anyone does ???

And you didn't care so much you had to post in a thread you wish you hadn't opened to tell us all how much you don't give a toss.

Good work.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As long as we don't end up like the U.S. Coverage, which is basically just the Americans*

*American posters please feel free to correct me

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
never mind they will have to show wall to wall Wimbledon Tennis ................Oh hang on a minute they already do

I'm sure non football fans say the same about the World Cup and Euros.

All the time we have one of the best players in the world we should enjoy it

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The idea that the some of the Olympics will be hidden behind a pay-wall or on ITV is a horrible thought. Personally I think it is vital that the whole of Olympics remains free to air.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Test matches not on BBC....Nor Golf Majors/Ryder Cup..Formula one has in my opinion lost it for most....Now olympics..what next,Wimbledon,Cup final...The powers that be sure know how to get public to lose interest...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Premier League is on Pay TV, have no issue with that and maybe if Wimbledon went to Pay TV not too much issue

But the World Cup and the Olympics are clearly events in the National interest, they should not be comprimised in terms of free to air access. In doing so, both events will be comprimised.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
As long as we don't end up like the U.S. Coverage, which is basically just the Americans*

*American posters please feel free to correct me

I would say that the free events on network TV (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) are mostly American athletes with a few events covered that greatly effect the status of American athletes. The coverage on pay "cable/subscription" telly is broad coverage that includes many, many countries' athletes.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The big sport events have lost most of their moral relevance and agenda when you see which companies they have hawked their name out too and for how much. These days its frankly a waste of tax payers money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here