Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Cuts - Thank Christ!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
There I was watching the late news on BBC TV last night talking about proposed cuts to staff, when the following occurred to me

Why does it now take 2 presenters to read the news or present almost all programs?

I personally find it bloody insulting when I am listening to a music prog on the radio and the 2 presenters are chatting to each other. I tune in to listen to music not 2 morons discussing the weather or the films they went to see last night

Regards Victor Meldrew

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was at the Crawley game last night with one of their presenters. He reckoned you wouldn't notice, as he has FIVE bosses!!!!!

He reckoned he could cut more and nobody would know. Apparently, one of his bosses is only in charge of the work rota, and gets about £50k a year - and still cocks it up! :angry:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Uncle C said:
There I was watching the late news on BBC TV last night talking about proposed cuts to staff, when the following occurred to me

Why does it now take 2 presenters to read the news or present almost all programs?

I personally find it bloody insulting when I am listening to a music prog on the radio and the 2 presenters are chatting to each other. I tune in to listen to music not 2 morons discussing the weather or the films they went to see last night

Regards Victor Meldrew

I find it very stange that you should take delight in other people losing their jobs.

Smithers-Jones

Mar 26, 2004
Eltham
Thing is Sneaky, Uncle C say these sort of things with a clear concience, as it is us who fund the BBC by paying for a license. All of us therefore have a vested interest in how our money is spent.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I pay a tv licence thinking it is going towards quality tv, but its going towards a bloke writing out a staff rota!!!

Great move in my books, hopefully we'll start seeing something other than Only fools and horses used to fill in a spare hour.

:nono:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Personally, I'm all for the licence fee and public service broadcasting which should be protected.

The trouble with the BBC is that it's become top-heavy, like all huge bureaucracies - where the paper-pushers spend the days making rules to create more paperwork and jobs for more paper-pushers.

It's a shame people have to go, but if it means more money is spent on programmes that's got to be good for us all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here