Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC 5live article about the Albion, just started

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Quite. I listen to R5 all the time and much of it is good, but its let down by a few lazy journos. The worst was that Mr Potato Head idiot (Baggies fan) who regularly interviewed without having a clue what he was getting into. His reward was to get to present football on TV. That works. . . .

Its a sham that there is a growing notion nationwide that we are some sort of flashy rich club with a lode of overseas imports, but . . . ****em.

they build us up ..they knock us down

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Having listened to it Claridge once again defended the club....Jewell was criticising them for not explaining the reasons for Poyets departure...the way he came across gave me the impression he was after a bbc presenters job

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I can't see there is anything for Albion fans to get upset about. Jewell made a valid point. There is a story there for sure.

Amazing how the club have managed to keep it all quiet.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Very unlike Steve Claridge, but he stuck up for us, and has the same thoughts as myself, Gus should have sucked it up and said **** all in the after game interview.

Orlandi came across very well, great ambassador to the club.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
What Paul Jewell and the other Muppets on that show failed to realise, is that by not revealing what went on, the club is being respectful to Gus. As much as I loved Gus the only person he can blame for being sacked is Gus. The fact that the only thing I have heard him moaned about is the way he found out, for a guy that has an opinion on everything, speaks volumes to me.

Yes there is a story to this but it is no ones business, it between Gus and the club. It just annoying them that the club has handled it in such a professional way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It seems Orlandi is the very articulate player spokesman for the Albion in the media :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just listening now and to be honest, I can kind of understand the questioning to a point, because the situation is still unclear. However, that doesn't make it right, and it isn't the right platform to ask such questions, bearing in mind its all about the forthcoming season, as opposed to the one that's just gone.

Bit of a waste of time to be honest, with not really much in the way of the Albion's future. Some folk clearly looking out for their new colleague because, as Payne put it, "Brighton's loss is the BBC's gain". If you're working with him now, Ian, why don't you ask him yourself?

Fascinating to see that even after he's gone, the majority of the talk around the club is about Poyet, as opposed to new signings, OG, prospects for the season, etc...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very unlike Steve Claridge, but he stuck up for us, and has the same thoughts as myself, Gus should have sucked it up and said **** all in the after game interview.

Orlandi came across very well, great ambassador to the club.

Actually Claridge quite often sticks up for the Albion, I don't see where this reputation for being anti-Albion comes from. He was certainly supporting the club when we sacked Gus and he often made complimentary comments regarding our style on the FLS.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
They can suck it, frankly. The only media organisation that's still talking about that.
And grilling a current player about it? Classy.
We're not allowed to post any speculation about things on NSC, but yet they can suggest that Tanno/Oatway did it? Enjoy the lawsuit. What a bunch of :wanker:s

Most of this thread is complete nonsense I'm afraid. The BBC are hardly still talking about it. They are talking about it here because it's a Championship preview. It's hardly been mentioned on any of their national output since Gus' appeal. They have picked a few interesting clubs to talk about - Brighton is clearly an obvious choice considering what has gone on. As part of that preview it's completely valid to talk about what on earth has gone on at the club in the summer break, because, quite frankly - it's ludicrous and hasn't been seen in football before. Every single publication will reference and talk about what's gone on as part of a preview.

Whoever said it's lazy journalism is burying their head in the sand a bit. It's nothing of the sort. All this stuff happened 6 weeks ago, nothing has come out... any journo worth their salt will be trying to get the first scoop as to what happened, whether that's in a written interview (see Sam Wallace + other phone interviews with gus), TV (Gus getting sacked on air) or radio (Andrea last night). Therefore it's journalism. Lazy journalism would be to ignore what has gone on. Let's face it, as fans we want to know what has gone on. If and when it does, it will be a massive talking point.

The club would have been very stupid to put anyone up for interview if they thought that these questions would not have been asked. It's probably why they put up Andrea, who has a highly sentient thought process and can understand and deflect these questions.

I agree the majority of the short interview was focused on what has gone on. But then the segment with Sean Derry spoke about players who didn't want to be at QPR. I bet they didn't want that either.

As for suggesting anything, there was nothing directly said that can be bought up as libel - especially as Steve Claridge gave an insight as to why the board may have taken this route, alongside the very clear repeated statements of we don't actually know. And they don't. None of them. Neither do we. That's why they were trying to find out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can't see there is anything for Albion fans to get upset about. Jewell made a valid point. There is a story there for sure.

Amazing how the club have managed to keep it all quiet.

Doesnt upset me...just that Jewell was almost demanding that the story is released and almost implying that it was wrong that it hadnt been...still he was a manger and has no hope of being one at brighton.
The more time that passes the less interested i become in what happened

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Most of this thread is complete nonsense I'm afraid. The BBC are hardly still talking about it. They are talking about it here because it's a Championship preview. It's hardly been mentioned on any of their national output since Gus' appeal. They have picked a few interesting clubs to talk about - Brighton is clearly an obvious choice considering what has gone on. As part of that preview it's completely valid to talk about what on earth has gone on at the club in the summer break, because, quite frankly - it's ludicrous and hasn't been seen in football before. Every single publication will reference and talk about what's gone on as part of a preview.

Whoever said it's lazy journalism is burying their head in the sand a bit. It's nothing of the sort. All this stuff happened 6 weeks ago, nothing has come out... any journo worth their salt will be trying to get the first scoop as to what happened, whether that's in a written interview (see Sam Wallace + other phone interviews with gus), TV (Gus getting sacked on air) or radio (Andrea last night). Therefore it's journalism. Lazy journalism would be to ignore what has gone on. Let's face it, as fans we want to know what has gone on. If and when it does, it will be a massive talking point.

The club would have been very stupid to put anyone up for interview if they thought that these questions would not have been asked. It's probably why they put up Andrea, who has a highly sentient thought process and can understand and deflect these questions.

I agree the majority of the short interview was focused on what has gone on. But then the segment with Sean Derry spoke about players who didn't want to be at QPR. I bet they didn't want that either.

As for suggesting anything, there was nothing directly said that can be bought up as libel - especially as Steve Claridge gave an insight as to why the board may have taken this route, alongside the very clear repeated statements of we don't actually know. And they don't. None of them. Neither do we. That's why they were trying to find out.

''That's why they were trying to find out'' ..as if they were going to be told after all the club statements...hardly! ..as regards to radio five i'll still listen to them cant see reason not too :shrug:

Golden Oldie

Feb 10, 2004

Totally agree with this. Why knock the presenters for asking questions to which WE all want to know the answers? And if we want to know, so will other listeners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here