Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

baz and batti

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Baz wasn't great. Battipiedi may have been doing well in recent outings but his lack of urgency and pace will be a main factor to him not getting another contract unless he changes his game.

Baz is too cocky in my honest opinion

SamSeagull

Mar 10, 2008
i thought the two argies that came on last nite baz and batti were crap there passing was a joke i saw the game on the box and were not impressed by them, except baz penalty of course.

another positive fan. yer they didnt play well but no one did to be honest. they have both looked good in other game so lets get behind them and show them support.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think Baz is trying too hard to impress during the limited time he is getting on the pitch. Often shooting from ridiculous angles and wasting possession. Over the season though his decision making will improve and he will be a much better player for it

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Batti has done quite well in recent weeks, much better than last night. Baz has done some good work as well.

Best not to judge them on one game where the whole team played crap.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Baz was alright I thought, showed some good touches, linked up well with Bennett, and scored his pen.

Batti was bloody awful, looked like arsimendi from last season, has no pace whatsoever, on the ball was shocking, saw Dicker getting annoyed with him. Least we won though!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Baz was alright I thought, showed some good touches, linked up well with Bennett, and scored his pen.

Batti was bloody awful, looked like arsimendi from last season, has no pace whatsoever, on the ball was shocking, saw Dicker getting annoyed with him. Least we won though!

Can't say Dicker was in a position to complain about other players performances last night!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I was surprised that Jamie Smith did not get a run out, I thought he did well at the start of the season, but now seems to have gone of the radar as far as Gus is concerned. Surley a better bet on the bench than OGH.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
They say it takes 6 months playing time/training/living for a player to adjust to a new country and culture. If that can apply to multi million pound premiership signing then it must apply to our two.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I was surprised that Jamie Smith did not get a run out, I thought he did well at the start of the season, but now seems to have gone of the radar as far as Gus is concerned. Surley a better bet on the bench than OGH.

Gus made reference in the pre match video that he was expecting players who weren't playing regularly to be ready to step up when the opportunity arose. He said that this hadn't happened in the case of KLL injury and I felt he was eluding to Jamie Smith. Shame really as he has looked promising in the past. I could be reading it wrong though

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
i think batti is a stone overweight. Needs to sharpen up! Baz just needs a bit of a run. He looked better than Barnes, apart from his header he didn't look interested after Woking center back hit him hard a few times

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wonder how you deal with moving to Argentina and doing your job as effectively straight away as you do now? Give them a while to settle in. May not be world beaters but could turn into average League 1 players or even better. Worth a small risk I'd have said.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Wonder how you deal with moving to Argentina and doing your job as effectively straight away as you do now? Give them a while to settle in. May not be world beaters but could turn into average League 1 players or even better. Worth a small risk I'd have said.

:thumbsup:

think they have both played well in parts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Battipeidi looked to me last night like he is either carrying a leg injury, or he simply can't run/has no pace. A couple of times he went to run down the wing towards the touchline, and he seemed really slow, and their defenders easily intercepted the balls he was running for. .

That was my impression last night but in the past I have rated him as the better of the two and more likely to succeed. Baz has more flair Battipedi is a more orthodox english style player.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
way too soon to be making fixed judgements. Neither are "crap" in my view. Both are potentially talented but certainly need more game time and maybe need to find their best position. I suspect Battipiedi needs to play deeper - he has an eye for a pass and his positional sense is quite good but he isn't as mobile as he might be. Baz might play better if he took up a narrower striking role which would impose more discipline on his game. Interesting to see whether they have made progress by the end of the season. I don't think anything will be "decided" before then but I wouldn't be at all surprised if both were still with us next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here