Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battle of Britain Day - Fly past this lunchtime - TUES 15SEP15

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Another 3 over Hove Lagoon. Should be in Bexhill by 15.03

Plus another 4 about 2 mins behind them...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
One aircraft just gone back over Newhaven heading west.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Planes quite far out to sea over Brighton, seems like. Loving the overhead droning noise though, it seems to travel well and must have been massively reassuring to those living underneath it at the time.

Planes quite far out to sea over Brighton, seems like. Loving the overhead droning noise though, it seems to travel well and must have been massively reassuring to those living underneath it at the time.

You would think so wouldn't you? I have read a letter of complaint to a Worthing newspaper (Herald?) where the complainant writes a poem complaining about Hawker Hurricane fighters from Tangmere flying about over Worthing during the night. I'll see if I can dig it out later.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
A few (bit rubbish) photos from the flypast. I need a better camera! Sorry about the size, I don't know how to reduce them when inserting...
P1060593.JPG
P1060598.JPG
P1060604.JPG
P1060608.JPG
P1060611.JPG
P1060616.JPG

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
beautiful sight down the beach at LA. some were closer to the beach than others... unsure why one plane was way off the pack in one of the flypasts..
transfixed looking towards west beach for the first glimpse... major clue each time were the birds... huge flocks way off going batshit mental...
the sea was crashing in and very noisy which detracted from the noise of the planes.. but hey... sooo glad to have seen it.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Gutted to have missed them - only in Peacehaven so was looking forward to going down to the cliffs at lunchtime to watch. No chance of getting there any other time this afternoon, so disappointed to say the least.... :eek:(

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Any more pics for those up north will be appreciated. Sad that I can't see them personally, but photos are awe inspiring too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here