Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bathroom refit

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Following my query about a leaking tap on here a few months ago, I was kindly recommended by many for @Wrong-Direction to assist which he did. Subsequently he has just completed a full refurb on my toilet and bathroom and has done an excellent job and I'm very pleased with the results. So just wanted to thank those who took the time to recommend him, thank @Wrong-Direction for his work and if anyone is thinking of getting their bathroom done then drop him a line. A great example of the benefits of being part of NSC.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
:needpics:

Before and after
IMG-20230928-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20230928-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20230928-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230928-WA0003.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That heated towel rail is more often than not going to cause ouchy burns to the left leg of anybody trying to use the bathroom basin. Unless of course it has a towel permanently draped over it. Or is permanently switched off 😀

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That's going to get a bit steamed up when the shower goes full Niagara. Watch out for mould on the sealant.

Looks nice though.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Nice job, what is the pros and cons of plastic laminate for showers instead of tiles? Anyone know?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That looks brilliant and just what we are looking for.

@Wrong-Direction are You available to come up and give us a quote for redesigning the bathroom and installing a walk in shower like the photos above please

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
That's going to get a bit steamed up when the shower goes full Niagara. Watch out for mould on the sealant.

Looks nice though.
Always a valid consideration. Is there an extractor fan? Lots of people now have grey sealant or better still shower boarding that looks like tiles

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Nice job, what is the pros and cons of plastic laminate for showers instead of tiles? Anyone know?

I had a builder recommend plastic laminate wall panels when they wanted to complete my bathroom to a budget. I didn’t like what they brought as samples, so they recommended I go down to the company that sold them all and pick my favourite.

I did, and let’s just say I upped my budget and stuck with proper stone tiles.

I have the feeling that they will date in exactly the same way as laminate flooring or decking/artificial grass in gardens. They mostly imitate something else (e.g. marble, brick etc) although there were some shiny high gloss options that were unashamedly plastic.

Not for me, but if you wish there was more plastic in your life, the builder assured me they’d do a job.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
They're known to some in the trade as caravan panels. Look cheap and can be a pain to fit if the walls aren't square. I recommend large format tiles
Thanks for your expertise on the fitting side, but I was also concerned of the maintenance side, like calcium build up and thinking there is less joins that less mould could form on the caravan panels does that seem right to you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here