Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bathroom extractor fan

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Then you are going to need someone with a big 4" or 6" brick boring bit to go through the wall, or the other option is to have a through glass one, this involve new glass for where its going,
I don't have such big bits i'm afraid so can't help.

Sorry to hear about your problem.:rolleyes:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Are you sure you want an installation so that the fan extracts only when your bathroom light is on. That can be a bit of a pain, why not have it separately wired so you don't have to have the light on at a time when it is bright sunlight or your prying neighbour may be following your every movement !

I am happy for it to be done in a different way if it's easier/cheaper. The only stipulation is a working extractor fan. I know people will have to be constantly asked to turn it on if it's separate, but this isn't a big issue.

What's the problem with just opening the window?

It's not good enough just to open the window. The shower pump creates a lot of steam and mould is appearing on the ceiling, plus I want to protect against damp which we have in other areas of the house.

This is not for a stinky toilet, which is separate!

More recommendations/offer/suggestions welcome.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Remember you will need a triple pole fan isolation switch outside of the bathroom.

Three Poles to fit a fan isolation switch ???

My neighbour had just one install an entire bathroom and re-wire his garage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here