Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bass player magazine - lifetime achievement award goes to

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
John Taylor

Might have surprised some who don’t ‘get’ how good a live band Duran Duran are and have remained so for the last 40 odd years .

JT isn’t just a pretty face he can play the f%%%%%g bass damn good !

I'm going to have to remove you from my ignore list for that.

What was I thinking :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:goal:

Brummie wallies that jumped on the New Wave/synth scene …. very, very late. A singer with serious sinus issues.

Back in the day only liked by teenage girls who fancied JT or Rhodes, if any blokes liked them, they kept it quiet.

40 years on, revered by a few middle aged football supporters. What’s changed? Can SLB actually sing now?

Simply the passage of time.

I loved them. I like a bit of pop. One of the many bands that dragged me out of my snobby music purist silo, that began to melt in the late 70s when I bought The Average White Band's second album.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
As someone commented on YouTube, "This bass line could be in the Hall of Fame by itself". The great Bernard Edwards, bass player and co founder of Chic with Nile Rogers.

And then Royal Blood came along with Mike Kerr wringing sounds out of his bass guitar I just didn't think were possible! (song begins at 1.56)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You omitted to mention ".... and the kind of face you just want to punch"

His "sinus issues" to which you refer were particularly evident during their Live Aid performance... at 2.55 in the video clip below...

https://youtu.be/mINh8ZOWSLw

That bum note was partly due to a lack of preparation. Band was barely talking to each other at that stage, let alone rehearsing.

Fair to say that Le Bon sings some songs (View To A Kill; WIld Boys) at the very edge of his range though....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here