Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Alama, shurely Alomar??!!

I predict the Yankees will have a great year, Boston will sneak the Wild Card, Angels and Twins in the other two divisions.

In the National I'll go Atlanta, Cardinals, Padres. Wild Card race tight but I'll go Dodgers.

World Series Prediction - Yankees beat Braves 4-1.

My team is Oakland - we've lost Hudson and Mulder, so are probably screwed, especially as we have little run production.

I love the NHL dispute - it should mean even more baseball on 5 and NASN!! :clap2:

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Message to the above who said do Yankee fans realise you are the Man Utd of Baseball?
What you mean they win alot?
Difference:
Man Utd got so big support wise cause of Munich.
Yankees got so big because they not only win but because the dear old owners of the NY Giants whom were sharing with the Yankees at the Polo Grounds decided they did not want the Pinstripes playing at their field anymore so NY finest built there own stadium which started the ball rolling.
One more thing also,that stuff with the Babe.
THEY PLAY IN THE BIGGEST TV MARKET AND BIGGEST CITY POPULATION WISE.
What would you do with all that support and money?
Here KC,Millwaukee etc is $200,million.
Sorry we won't spend it but keep it in the bank for a rainy day.
GET OFF YOUR FAT REAR ENDS ATLANTA ETC AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM INSTEAD OF MOANING ABOUT THE YANKS!:shootself :smokin:

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Lucky sod.
Not sure if it's in Baltimore or NY.
Saw Yanks in Baltimore in 91 before 'birds' moved to new stadium.
Apart from harbour area not alot in balti.
Going to Ohio + Kentucky in September plan on seeing Reds play.
I used to write articles for a Yankee English fanzine in early 90's.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
HAMPSHIRE DAVE said:
Lucky sod.
Not sure if it's in Baltimore or NY.
Saw Yanks in Baltimore in 91 before 'birds' moved to new stadium.
Apart from harbour area not alot in balti.
Going to Ohio + Kentucky in September plan on seeing Reds play.
I used to write articles for a Yankee English fanzine in early 90's.

Its in New York. Have organised a school trip to NYC leaving on Thursday, got tickets for all the kids - keeping it a secret until we get there though. Only $9 each.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
HAMPSHIRE DAVE said:
Message to the above who said do Yankee fans realise you are the Man Utd of Baseball?

As far as I know, the Yankees and ManUre still share a merchandising agreement. Nuff said.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Have not seen any Man U shirts at Yankee stadium.
I'm sick every time I go to America of people asking me if I support
Manchester Utd.
Have they not heard of anyone else?
The last thing I want to see at Old Trafford is people in the stands with NY baseball caps.
They would not know Babe Ruth if you asked who he was.
YOUR NOT BASEBALL FANS,GO TO HELL!
I don't wear the Yankees cap I bought in San Francisco in 89 cause you see everyone here with them.
Have a different Yanks cap.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
From the Beeb in 2003:

Manchester United unveiled one of the biggest joint-marketing deals in the history of sport on Wednesday when they announced they are linking up with American baseball giants New York Yankees.

The Old Trafford outfit are already the richest football club in the world and this deal, potentially worth billions of pounds, is set to further consolidate their position.

It is a deal the two parties have been working towards for the last 12 months and they will share market information, develop sponsorship and joint promotional programs and sell each other's licensed goods.

"This is something that we have been working on for some considerable time and it was about 'how do we develop Manchester United," said United chairman Peter Kenyon at a news conference in Manhattan.

Kenyon continued: "Soccer has developed dramatically in the US over the last 10 years, and we believe there is a market for Manchester United content among football fans of all ages.

"With the help of the YankeeNets we intend to pursue these and other commercial opportunities in the coming years."

The announcement of the deal resulted in United's share price rising 20p to 233¾p.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here