Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Love it!

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
After people have expressed many different opinions on the sport, I thought I'd make a poll on it.

I'm a cricket fan and have been all my life, I love playing it, but personally I think Baseball is an awful sport. Watched it once on Five and I couldn't believe how bored I became.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good sport. Obviously not as good as criket, but a good sport non the less.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'll watch it, but only if there's nothing else decent on.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i LOVE it

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
wahoo2.jpg

Baseball is right up there with Hockey (of the Ice variety), Football and CFL as one of my favourite sports-but then I didn't dismiss it as crap simply because it was American and initially I didn't understand it. Slight advantage of living in Canada and seeing The Blue Jays play from day 1 of the franchise.

Get yourself in front of a pitching machine set to medium speed, try and hit the ball straight-then tell us it's rounders. After that, try hitting a few from a real life pitcher who's half decent and you'll quickly drop the rounders nonsense.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Get yourself in front of a pitching machine set to medium speed, try and hit the ball straight-then tell us it's rounders. After that, try hitting a few from a real life pitcher who's half decent and you'll quickly drop the rounders nonsense.

especially if it is THIS man:

mcgowan.jpg

trying to hit a round ball with a round bat this has a small surface area of the ball is hard enough, let alone trying to smash it out of the ground when it is coming at you at up to 100 mph

best part of baseball is still the FLAIR fielding

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Baseball's fun to watch, but I always preferred playing softball. Basically because the ball's easier to hit and catch - and it doesn't hurt so much when you mis-field and it smacks you in the face...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
A little bizarre. I went to Yankee stadium once and really quite enjoyed it, but I wouldn't watch it on TV I don't think.

The wierd thing was, all the locals left on the dot of 10 pm, with the game still in full flow and actually quite tight score-wise, but they reasoned that during the season it's on every night so they don't stay til the end. Odd.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Love it - I'm a big fan of RANDY JOHNSON

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford

Why? The fact is, as I said yesterday, that it is essentially the same game as rounders with the ball being thrown faster.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
especially if it is THIS man:

mcgowan.jpg

trying to hit a round ball with a round bat this has a small surface area of the ball is hard enough, let alone trying to smash it out of the ground when it is coming at you at up to 100 mph

best part of baseball is still the FLAIR fielding

Even more so if it is this guy. Muscles the size of water melons:

kzEwcgnh.jpg

Get well soon, BJ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports