Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Baseball season 2019

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Congrats Nats.
Roller coaster season ends in a car crash for the Cardinals.
Now go win for the NL

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Congrats Nats.
Roller coaster season ends in a car crash for the Cardinals.
Now go win for the NL

EB7DE5D7-6964-428C-A645-2ECD34FB40CA.png

Still think the astros are the ones to beat...good win vs the yankees yesterday too!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still think the astros are the ones to beat...good win vs the yankees yesterday too!
The Nats just need that series to go 7.

I know I keep saying it, but honest to god there is NOTHING behind the starting pitching.

They are the baseball equivalent of palace, the only difference being the pitchers actually want to be there.

Strasburg is so into it, after his pitching he allowed himself (had no choice in the matter) to get hugged - :ohmy:

In his post match he said "I'm not really a hugger". :lol: #WantsToBeEnglish. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Just be grateful you haven't been on it since June!

[tweet]1153856712446791680[/tweet]

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/baby-shark-is-nationals-good-luck-charm

The shot of Stras doing it sums up the man.

It is quite amusing, I'll give you that. He stole the idea from Elvis Andrus though, but I don't suppose the Rangers are getting near a world series anytime soon :)

Looking forward to Scherzer and Strasburg v Verlander and Cole, with Greinke and Corbin in the wings, should be some pitching duel that

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As an Oakland A's fan we've had a great season but trailed the Astros throughout - they're a top,top side.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Game 4 in ALCS series between Astros and Yankees due for this evening postponed due to major storm forecast to hit the NYC area later

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Astros beat the Yankees 8-3 and go 3-1 in the series.

Could all be over tomorrow night. Always nice watching the Yankees choke, especially at home, and tonight was a really sloppy performance !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fantastic achievement by the Astros dispatching the yankees 4-2

They look a very solid team and I hope they can go one better than last year against the Red Sox.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Congratulation to the Astros. See ya Yankees, won't miss seeing all those smug, entitled tossers walking round town!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"one nil to the Nat'nals".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"two nil to the Nat'nals".

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Game on ! Astros take 5th game 7-1 and go 3-2 in the series. Not a bad comeback from 2-0 down.

Lots of cheers of "Lock him up!" when the crowd found out Trump was there

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wow - what a pitching performance by Strasburg. And Major League Baseball must be breathing a massive sigh of relief that Rendon's two-run homer pretty much ensured that there wouldn't be an even bigger controversy over a very debatable umpiring call in the 7th.

Across MLB, the NBA and the NHL there have been a total of 1,420 seven-game play-off series - and this is the first time EVER that the road team (ie the away team) has won the first six games of the series.

So, game seven. Scherzer slated to face off against Greinke. Will Scherzer be fit to pitch? How many long balls will Greinke give up? Will the game be decided by the umpires? Don't care who wins, just as long as it goes down to the wire.....

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Wow - what a pitching performance by Strasburg. And Major League Baseball must be breathing a massive sigh of relief that Rendon's two-run homer pretty much ensured that there wouldn't be an even bigger controversy over a very debatable umpiring call in the 7th.

Across MLB, the NBA and the NHL there have been a total of 1,420 seven-game play-off series - and this is the first time EVER that the road team (ie the away team) has won the first six games of the series.

So, game seven. Scherzer slated to face off against Greinke. Will Scherzer be fit to pitch? How many long balls will Greinke give up? Will the game be decided by the umpires? Don't care who wins, just as long as it goes down to the wire.....

Hoping the Nats can do it. I generally go for the NL team (unless it's the Dodgers), and it would mean a new team winning the WS. Plus, it would be nice to have the road team win every game - bound to happen eventually I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here