Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Phillies have overall been fantastic so far and the offence havnt even got going, we are way over expectations atm, big series with the Marlins starting tonight, will probably watch it as I doubt il get much sleep tonight with the big day tomorrow constantly on my mind!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I understand that the Cubs have beaten Washington twice and will go for two more wins before it's done in Chicago. This was the first time in history that 4 first place teams (Cubs, Washington, White Sox and Boston) have played in the same city at the same time. 8 - 6 win for the Cubs today with many home runs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just heard that the Rockies scored 13 runs against the Giants last night...in one innings!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Just heard that the Rockies scored 13 runs against the Giants last night...in one innings!

The mountain air in Colorado (do the rockies play in Denver or higher up?) helps the ball go farther when it gets hit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The mountain air in Colorado (do the rockies play in Denver or higher up?) helps the ball go farther when it gets hit.

Indeed, and the fact that in Story and Arenado they have the two of the top 5 home run hitters. I can't remember that many runs in an innings in 30-odd years of following baseball.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Taken a few days ago, best seats we have been given. Day 1 behind home dugout, day 2 behind home plate, my oldest got thrown a ball from Mike Trout on day 1. The older one has permission to wear his Albion shirt for his baseball game tomorrow, his whole team is pumped up and will be following the game tomorrow, albeit rather early here at 4:30am.

IMG_2548.JPG
IMG_2556.JPG

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

Sadly for my Giants, this was by the Bay! It was the worst ever inning for the Giants, beating the 12 in an inning that the Mets scored the previous week! Pitching woes are making another even-year championship seem very unlikely for SF. At least they won tonight.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Sadly for my Giants, this was by the Bay! It was the worst ever inning for the Giants, beating the 12 in an inning that the Mets scored the previous week! Pitching woes are making another even-year championship seem very unlikely for SF. At least they won tonight.

I see.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does the one Padres fan on here own this:-

thumb.jpg

I saw it for the first time today - WOW just WOW.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given the complete and utter TRAIN-WRECK of a season the Twins are having this year, I've been steering well clear of this thread. But how about filing this under "it'd never happen in England". The Twins were due to start their match vs the Oakland A's at 7.10pm last night. Severe thunderstorms and rain across Minnesota delayed the start, but once the skies cleared they still decided to go ahead - first pitch ? 9.52pm. The game finished at 1am !!

An official attendance was given at around 16k, but by the end only a couple of thousand were rattling around Target Field. How hardcore would you have to be to hang around for nearly 3 hours for the game to start, and stay there till 1am, on a school night.

Twins won though. 11-4 :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The 2016 Subway Series between the Yankees and the Mets kicks off tonight at Citifield.

I've got tickets for tomorrow night's game - go Mets !!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The 2016 Subway Series between the Yankees and the Mets kicks off tonight at Citifield.

I've got tickets for tomorrow night's game - go Mets !!

I've got tickets to Citifield next month for the Mets vs the Twins. Can't wait :thumbsup:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Just back from a grand tour of the states! Managed to see the Phillies in San Fran, Phoenix, Denver, Miami and Atlanta, as well as Philadelphia! Had a wonderful tour of America while seeing the Phillies at some wonderful ball parks! Lucky to see quite a few Phillies wins too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
36C273AF00000578-0-image-a-80_1470005243306.jpg

Some Chelsea players were at Target Field yesterday taking in the game (a 6-4 win over the White Sox). They're playing a friendly against AC Milan in Minneapolis this weekend at that UNBELIEVABLE new Minnesota Vikings stadium. Its the first sporting event there, kind of a ramp-up I suppose. I'm definitely going to take me a look while I'm over there.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
First blood to the Yankees - Boo!!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Revenge tonight in the second game in the Subway Series with the Mets gubbing the Yankees 7-1

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I see the lying, cheating, drug taking A-Roid will be playing his last game for the Yankees this Friday - see ya. The Yankees will be retaining him as an adviser and mentor - just about sums them up, any mystique they had disappeared a long time ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1-0 to the nat'nals 1-0 to the nat'nals.

What a sport!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here