Baseball Season 2015

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May 14, 2015
Supporting the Yankees is like supporting your local team who you've had trials for(which did not quite go to plan). The bitterness of baseball fans towards Yankees fans always makes me laugh. We have more money than other teams, no fan would deny wanting their team to be able to pay off the luxury tax, it just so happens we have that money. Other clubs need to realise that we are in this position, and complaining about it will not help!!!!!!!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
New Yorks finest....top of the East.

Go on you METS!!!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am worried that I might be losing it. I found myself almost feeling sorry for the Cubs that they find themselves in the wrong division, or simply the wrong part of the country.

Their uncharacteristically amazing record would be enough to see them winning any division in the East or the West this morning, but they just have the misfortune to have to compete in the division that is home to the best team in baseball.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp

Maybe they should "do a Houston" and try the AL West?

Proud to say this morning that BOTH my teams are Top O The League

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New Yorks finest....top of the East.

Go on you METS!!!!

Just done the Red Sox 5-4, not too shabby. Stand by for the inevitable drop in performance every Mets fan is familiar with!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
The blue jays, Yankees battle for the division is going to be great to watch! In fact all the divisions are looking tight.... Except for royals who have romped it! Great to see Astros up their. As a Phillies fan am dreading being swept by the mets again this coming week!!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Phillies finally beat the mets!! Youngsters showing the future may not be so bad, nats fail to gain ground again though! Yankees and blue jays now separated by 1.5 games! Although I reckon the runners up will still pick up a wild card spot.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Phillies finally beat the mets!! Youngsters showing the future may not be so bad, nats fail to gain ground again though! Yankees and blue jays now separated by 1.5 games! Although I reckon the runners up will still pick up a wild card spot.

...with the Twins in hot pursuit of a wildcard as well.

I'm dashing back from work today as they're the free game on MLB.com vs the White Sox at 6.10. After a post-All Stars wobble they've really picked up again and are 8-2 in their last 10, just 1 game back from the Texas Rangers for that 2nd wildcard spot. If I'm being honest, I think they'll fall away and just miss out, as their form away from Target Field has been patchy (27-38, against 42-25 at home). But my evens bet of them getting 72 wins is in the bag, and its great to actually see some meaningful games in September.

And there's still that bit of hope...

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
I dropped plouffe from my fantasy team a while ago regretted it ever since!!that wildcard race is going to be great to watch everyone bar Red Sox/white sox and A's I think Could still grab a spot! Ohhh good some free tea time baseball, il give it a watch too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dropped plouffe from my fantasy team a while ago regretted it ever since!!that wildcard race is going to be great to watch everyone bar Red Sox/white sox and A's I think Could still grab a spot! Ohhh good some free tea time baseball, il give it a watch too.

Plouffe got another couple of RBI's last night to make 73 for the season, he's having a great duel with Dozier (68 RBI's) on that front. Both hitting .244 which is good but not great. Other than Sano, none of the Twins are hitting anywhere near .300 this season, but as a collective they're still grinding out results. The rookies Sano (on fire right now, 15 HR's including 3 in his last 3), Rosario, Buxton and Hicks have all impressed this season, so this could really be a team to watch next year.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
The Cubs were hot and staying up with the Pirates and Cardinals. Unfortunately, despite a no-hitter by Arrieta in the middle of it, they lost 2 to each of the Giants, Dodgers and lowly Reds. It seems a lot of momentum was lost but they will most likely make the playoffs as the second wild card team which, it seems, hasn't happened for the Cubs in a long time.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
The Cubs were hot and staying up with the Pirates and Cardinals. Unfortunately, despite a no-hitter by Arrieta in the middle of it, they lost 2 to each of the Giants, Dodgers and lowly Reds. It seems a lot of momentum was lost but they will most likely make the playoffs as the second wild card team which, it seems, hasn't happened for the Cubs in a long time.

It's Cubs year! Lol back to the future called it years ago!! Would be incredible if it happened! The Cubs young guns have really surprised me and been fun to watch this year, most walk offs I believe this season so far? would be great to see them make the playoffs, I really like Chris Bryant. unless the nats finally find some consistent form I think only the Giants will be your threat do you still have to play either of them again?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
It's Cubs year! Lol back to the future called it years ago!! Would be incredible if it happened! The Cubs young guns have really surprised me and been fun to watch this year, most walk offs I believe this season so far? would be great to see them make the playoffs, I really like Chris Bryant. unless the nats finally find some consistent form I think only the Giants will be your threat do you still have to play either of them again?

No more games against the Giants. They have 7 games against the Pirates and 6 against the Cardinals. There are also 3 versus the Reds and 6 with the Brewers. They also play Arizona, Phillies and one make up game against the Royals.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Plouffe got another couple of RBI's last night to make 73 for the season, he's having a great duel with Dozier (68 RBI's) on that front. Both hitting .244 which is good but not great. Other than Sano, none of the Twins are hitting anywhere near .300 this season, but as a collective they're still grinding out results. The rookies Sano (on fire right now, 15 HR's including 3 in his last 3), Rosario, Buxton and Hicks have all impressed this season, so this could really be a team to watch next year.

Rosario grand slam! Crushed it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports