Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Base rate cut.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Sorry was thinking of new policies. The banks are going to need to make money. They can’t rely on Tory Government funding forever.

The banks seem to be making plenty of money, and please remind us what the Tory government funding is.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The banks seem to be making plenty of money, and please remind us what the Tory government funding is.

You'll have to ask a lot nicer than that. False politeness and a fallacious sense of being part of a large group are not pleasant attributes.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Unless the tracker deal has a 'collar' in the T&Cs ... ie whatever happens to bank base rate the rate on the mortgage deal won't fall below a certain rate. So the opposite to a capped rate.

Pleased with the drop and my mortgage tracker - will now drop to 1.1%. Make hay while the sun shines.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
You'll have to ask a lot nicer than that. False politeness and a fallacious sense of being part of a large group are not pleasant attributes.

Politeness may not be one of your traits but is the norm for myself, so nothing false there. I am part of the NSC group, or family as some may call it, so nothing fallacious there.

However your ability to avoid answering a direct and simple question has been noted as an attribute of yours.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Our mortgage is directly linked to BoE base rates, without a floor, so we will benefit straight away.

Depending on how many basis pts your tracking rate is set below the BoE base rate (or above if BoE base rates fall further into negative territory), without the restriction of a collar you might well end up with your bank paying you for your mortgage like this Spanish bank has had to for some of it's customers since 2015.

Capture 84.PNG

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Depending on how many basis pts your tracking rate is set below the BoE base rate (or above if BoE base rates fall further into negative territory), without the restriction of a collar you might well end up with your bank paying you for your mortgage like this Spanish bank has had to for some of it's customers since 2015.

View attachment 120898

Switzerland has experimented with negative interest rates since 2015 (to devalue the SF and its negative effects). In two Cantons this has directly created negative mortgage rates. Borrowers are literally paid interest for borrowing a capital sum to buy a home.

https://www.ft.com/content/67f75b4c-fbe9-11e9-a354-36acbbb0d9b6

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have been inundated with my clients today. My advise would be if you have a mortgage to review shortly, start looking 4-6 months before and apply no later than 3 months before your rate ends as the " free legals " are usually poor to dreadful and time is needed. I would if you are thinking of re mortgaging or getting a new mortgage sit tight for a week as there will be a trend re fixed rates and if they will fall further. They won't make a snap decision on that and their profit margins are very tight already. Here to help via confidential pm. Gareth/US

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here