Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bas Savage

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hadlee said:

It would open up the way for us to get a decent experienced Striker like Forster, and maybe Bowditch ?

Haven't we needed players like that for the best part of 3 seasons? I dont hold out much hope of getting that sort of quality now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Da Man Clay said:
Agreed. Just think it would be a strange decision to sell the one player who has actually scored goals for us.

After an good start the goals did dry up and I believe we saw his true form.

A target man is needed but from what I have seen of them both Elder is much better on the base he can control a ball and hold it up.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:

A target man is needed but from what I have seen of them both Elder is much better on the base he can control a ball and hold it up.

Im not sure on Elder yet. I haven't really seen enough of him to comment. If Elder is the better play then great but id still like Savage on the bench.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Da Man Clay said:
Im not sure on Elder yet. I haven't really seen enough of him to comment. If Elder is the better play then great but id still like Savage on the bench.

Without looking at stats(mainly because i cant be arsed) Wasnt Gattings and Savages strike rate about the same last year in games started?

Da Man Clay said:
Haven't we needed players like that for the best part of 3 seasons? I dont hold out much hope of getting that sort of quality now.

There is no excuse for not bringing a goal scorer in. We have a manager who has just signed a three year deal and he's the manager some board members wanted at the end of last season. A board not in conflict. Nearly 4 months to find the person(s) we need.

All previous reasons and excuses are null and void (apart from not having any money of course).

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Without looking at stats(mainly because i cant be arsed) Wasnt Gattings and Savages strike rate about the same last year in games started?

Savage - 14 starts - 6 goals - S/R - 0.428
Gatting - 15 starts - 2 goals - S/R - 0.133

(yes I am incredibly bored!)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
To be fair if AFTER pre season the striker situation is still the same the Manager and board have failed.

The prob with the Jan window is that clubs know that any one that wants to sign a player is really wanting that player for any number of reasons so the selling club hikes the price.

Pre season is different it favours the buying club as well as good players being out of work.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
:lolol:

So altho better not a great deal better?

Guess we will see.

Its 3 times better! :lolol:

I think Gatting needs anohter year in the reserves before making the step up to first team.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
To get promotion you need your main striker to score around 20 - 25 goals in the season, is Savage capable of that on what we have seen so far? I for one am not sure.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
wallington seagull said:
To get promotion you need your main striker to score around 20 - 25 goals in the season, is Savage capable of that on what we have seen so far? I for one am not sure.

Interesting point ! would take it a bit further and say are any of the other Strikers capable of scoring 20+ goals a season ?

All of out Strikers had good spells last season, problem was they never continued (Robinson Gatting mainly)

Bearing in mind this was Revell's Robinson's Gatting's & Elder's (half) first full season at least one of these should improve enough to go from 10 goal to 20 goals a season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It would be nice to play two together for a while and get a partnership.

I would start with Revell and Elder. Mix of pace, hard work and strength.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Richie Morris said:
It would be nice to play two together for a while and get a partnership.

I would start with Revell and Elder. Mix of pace, hard work and strength.

Mah, I would suggest that both of these are no more than second strikers.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My first choice would be Knight and Iwelumo...oh hang on a minute. :(

I would rather we signed up someone else to play instead of them but out of what we have I would rather them than Robinson or Savage.

Gatting needs to be given a fair crack as well.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
A good start that lasted two months.

Yeah, he's not the greatest footballer but since coming here he has had the knack of scoring goals, I hardly think we should be binning him just because he went a few games without one before getting injured...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here