Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barton co-presenting on Talk Sport.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That's not exactly lofty praise, is it?

A choice between listening to Barton or Shearer is rather like having decide whether to have your bollocks trampled on or your finger nails pulled out.
Hmm fingernails for me ta

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
How can anyone with his record in life get work in the media is beyond belief

Talk Sport like the controversy. They employed Andy Gray and Richard Keys right after they got sacked from Sky for their sexist remarks a few years ago, Stan Collymore presents on ther etc..

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Speaks as he plays...brutal. I liked his daily rant about West Ham fans. Would much rather listen to Barton than the likes of Shearer.

You mean the bit where he dismissed all West Ham fans as hypocritical scum because some morons among them attacked the United team bus? I'd rather have proper analysis and insight over someone just trying deliberately to be as controversial as possible. He spoke reasonably well sometimes but finally gave up when he was telling us how he would have deigned to play for Newcastle again if only Mike Ashley had agreed. Somehow a chat about Newcastle became a chat about how great Joey Barton is.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Heard most of the programme, one word

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME...

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
He said Brighton should go up because we finished third.Talk Sport like to have thugs on, after all Collymore is on there.

Clive Allen was again bigging up Hughton.

Talk Sport once again was banging on about northern clubs.Boro,Newcastle,Sunderland.They will be over the moon if the only southern club in the championship play-offs Brighton do not go up and a northern club do.It must be even more grim than I imagined up north if football is all they have.

golden

May 3, 2016
He said Brighton should go up because we finished third.Talk Sport like to have thugs on, after all Collymore is on there.

Clive Allen was again bigging up Hughton.

Talk Sport once again was banging on about northern clubs.Boro,Newcastle,Sunderland.They will be over the moon if the only southern club in the championship play-offs Brighton do not go up and a northern club do.It must be even more grim than I imagined up north if football is all they have.

Yawn -yet another pathetic swipe at the North

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You mean the bit where he dismissed all West Ham fans as hypocritical scum because some morons among them attacked the United team bus? I'd rather have proper analysis and insight over someone just trying deliberately to be as controversial as possible. He spoke reasonably well sometimes but finally gave up when he was telling us how he would have deigned to play for Newcastle again if only Mike Ashley had agreed. Somehow a chat about Newcastle became a chat about how great Joey Barton is.
yep thats the one :) I think the point he was making though is that West Ham had previously not wanted to sign him because his game was all about thuggery so they were guilty of generalising about his game and he was going to give them the same back. Clumsy analogy as there is certainly enough of the dark side about his game to not want him at your club whereas the West Ham idiots are clearly not representative of their support. The thing is, he is a decent footballer, but also a bit of a thug so when reffed weakly he is a threat as we found out to our cost. Regardless of that I enjoyed listening to him as he has interesting (albeit contentious) views and he is open. It must be a sore point with him though to have been so comprehensively outplayed by Beram at our place. I half wish I had called in to remind him.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought the most telling comment was when Barton said 'I block out anyone who got the better of me, and remember only positive things'.

That explains a lot of the drivel he has come out with over the years. It might work for him preserving some kind of mindset, but is out of all touch with reality - exactly how Barton has come over for years. Delusional.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I wonder if his upcoming book has the bit where he stubbed a cigar out in the eye of a youth player or beat up a kid in McDonald's?

Offside Oz

Apr 30, 2016
Barton is a semi articulate thug who gets far more media time than he deserves.

When they give him air time, I think they're just waiting for him to put his foot in his mouth, so they can bang on about it. He doesn't do that often but occasionally he gives a bit of comedy gold. Nasty bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here