Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is it a coincidence his worst performance for some time has come after he was randomly dropped then reinstated after a long run in the team?

Or Verbruggen (yet) and Steele are not outstanding PL goalies. Verbruggen’s NSC claim to fame seems to be that he’s tall and not Steele.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't like smashing individual performances, but if Steele had let those three goals in he'd would have been roasted. I personally thought Bart was out of position for the first, he did anticipate the headed goal and the last was another that went straight through his gloves over his head, he should had put a glove on all three at worse, but he didn't. But at the end of the day we were so poor again, and we never looked like we were going to turn it on.
Second was a free header, didn’t think he had much chance.
Bournemouth exposed Offiah in every attack in the second half initially. For 20 mins, that was the worst I’ve seen us play since Hyypia.

The first, I thought he was a bit slow reacting.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Is it a coincidence his worst performance for some time has come after he was randomly dropped then reinstated after a long run in the team?
Not sure it's worse than his clanger against Liverpool (luckily ruled out), his part in the Burnley goal or his part in the Palace away goal. He is a long long way from the finished article which isn't to say I dont like him or he shouldn't start but let's not pretend he hasn't made more mistakes than Steele.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure it's worse than his clanger against Liverpool (luckily ruled out), his part in the Burnley goal, his part in the Palace away goal or the third Man City goal. He is a long long way from the finished article which isn't to say I dont like him or he shouldn't start but let's not pretend he hasn't made more mistakes than Steele.
And even against arsenal had 2 shots he pushed over the bar and around the post which should have been fairly easy saves - instead gave them 2 corners for us to defend

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not sure it's worse than his clanger against Liverpool (luckily ruled out), his part in the Burnley goal, his part in the Palace away goal or the third Man City goal. He is a long long way from the finished article which isn't to say I dont like him or he shouldn't start but let's not pretend he hasn't made more mistakes than Steele.
Remind me what third Man City goal he let in? ..I’m curious 😉

IMG_2104.jpeg

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Well it’s been a decent week for Rushworth and Beadle’s prospects next season!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well it’s been a decent week for Rushworth and Beadle’s prospects next season!
Except that we were always going to have to let one of them go, probably for a lower price than we would like due to no PL experience (and clubs outside the PL mostly not having a pot to piss in). Now it looks like we'll have to lose them both, having had to bring in Verbruggen to replace Sanchez after de Zerbi had right royally pissed him off. Unless someone bites the bullet and sells Verbruggen to make a place available for Rushworth or Beadle, which would be like missing a mistake. So not likely.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Or Verbruggen (yet) and Steele are not outstanding PL goalies. Verbruggen’s NSC claim to fame seems to be that he’s tall and not Steele.
Also the multiple ridiculous saves that he's made whilst Steele has been underwhelming with his shot stopping the entirety of his career

Jimmy Grimble

Except that we were always going to have to let one of them go, probably for a lower price than we would like due to no PL experience (and clubs outside the PL mostly not having a pot to piss in). Now it looks like we'll have to lose them both, having had to bring in Verbruggen to replace Sanchez after de Zerbi had right royally pissed him off. Unless someone bites the bullet and sells Verbruggen to make a place available for Rushworth or Beadle, which would be like missing a mistake. So not likely.
Surely both of them will be back in pre-season and be given the look over. I’d be amazed if we sold both of them in the summer - don’t they both have 3/4 years left on their contracts?

I’d guess that Rushworth will be given a decent chance in pre-season while Beadle will be earmarked for a season long loan in The Championship.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also the multiple ridiculous saves that he's made whilst Steele has been underwhelming with his shot stopping the entirety of his career

Steele was integral to THE greatest season in Albion history, the bitches who personally target him now were no where to be seen as they too reflected in our glory.

Verbruggen’s a good prospect.

I’d say yes it’s a coincidence. It would be pretty dreadful if he had such an eggshell personality that he would react in that way after not being picked in one game, he’d have no business working as a top keeper. But it’s not relevant

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I want a goalkeeper that can see a looping cross and believe it may just be his f***ing tossing wanking job to maybe just come out and f***ing catch or punch the f***ing tossing thing.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Steele was integral to THE greatest season in Albion history, the bitches who personally target him now were no where to be seen as they too reflected in our glory.

Verbruggen’s a good prospect.
I've said all along Steele's shot stopping has been poor but that his ability to play from the back last season was key to how De Zerbi wants to play.

Verbruggen is a better shot stopper whilst also being nearly as good with his feet and is over 10 years younger than Steele.

If it was my choice I would have started the season with Steele but phased him out as Verbruggen got more comfortable with the play style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here