Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bars/food at AMEX

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can anyone help? I'm a season ticket holder but have noticed the current BHFC website doesn't seem to have any information on bars or food at the AMEX. Last year I think the club experimented with a bar where you could pre-book a ticket to have some food or drink pre-match. Is that still in action? Are there any other options apart from full hospitality and the stalls outside the ground? I know about Dick's bar - does that do food? Planning to meet with some friends ahead of the Stoke game.

Thanks to anyone who can advise and/or link me to any info on the official website.

Gary

Do yourself a favour and have a nosh-up and a few beers somewhere in town before heading to the Amex. The pies are alright, the burgers are crap, the hot dogs likewise. And you have to stand around juggling your grub with your drink as there's nowhere to sit down or put anything. Amex food is a last resort IMO, just there as a fallback if you're running late / going straight from work. If you've got a couple of hours to spare before kickoff, its a no-brainer. Have a scoff somewhere else.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
22 (now 23) replies and not one answer to the question.
Now, remind me, what was the question.

Oh, and can I still use my green shield stamps in Tesco?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Can anyone help? I'm a season ticket holder but have noticed the current BHFC website doesn't seem to have any information on bars or food at the AMEX. Last year I think the club experimented with a bar where you could pre-book a ticket to have some food or drink pre-match. Is that still in action? Are there any other options apart from full hospitality and the stalls outside the ground? I know about Dick's bar - does that do food? Planning to meet with some friends ahead of the Stoke game.

Thanks to anyone who can advise and/or link me to any info on the official website.

Gary

BG can help :moo:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Do yourself a favour and have a nosh-up and a few beers somewhere in town before heading to the Amex. The pies are alright, the burgers are crap, the hot dogs likewise. And you have to stand around juggling your grub with your drink as there's nowhere to sit down or put anything. Amex food is a last resort IMO, just there as a fallback if you're running late / going straight from work. If you've got a couple of hours to spare before kickoff, its a no-brainer. Have a scoff somewhere else.

Each to their own - I had the chicken, gammon and leek pie on Sunday, best pie I have ever had at The Amex. Light and crusty pastry packed with healthy chunks of chicken and gammon. The burgers from outside the ground are excellent and young Earle enjoys the hotdogs. In my opinion it's the chicken pieces have gone downhill. Excellent last year, 4 pieces, well cooked, hot and tasty with a tub of lightly curried beans. This year tried it a couple of times, but down to 3 pieces for the same price and they can't keep the chicken or beans hot enough, plus the chicken coating is dry now with hard edges.

LindfieldGary

Oct 31, 2017
Yes I think that was the one - there's nothing on the website about any bars at all, even Dick's bar as far as I can see. Given that Dick's is definitely still there , I couldn't tell if the other one was too. I assumed not. Anyway thanks for all the comments - pie and pint I think!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Each to their own - I had the chicken, gammon and leek pie on Sunday, best pie I have ever had at The Amex. Light and crusty pastry packed with healthy chunks of chicken and gammon. The burgers from outside the ground are excellent and young Earle enjoys the hotdogs. In my opinion it's the chicken pieces have gone downhill. Excellent last year, 4 pieces, well cooked, hot and tasty with a tub of lightly curried beans. This year tried it a couple of times, but down to 3 pieces for the same price and they can't keep the chicken or beans hot enough, plus the chicken coating is dry now with hard edges.

I had the lamb pie on Sunday which was lovely.
It depends what stand you are in but in the North you can buy pizza, noodles etc as well as pies.

As for eating at the stadium, it's a Monday night, so I would imagine some people are coming directly from work, Blues Rock DJ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here