Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Bars/Clubs Brighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for the replies.It seems Brighton doesn't do much high end like Bohemia/ ex-Karma and Ebony.Strange that it doesn't cater for both markets.It's not some some country village but a city so I would have expected more.I've been to Brighton hundreds of times over the years as I live not too far away.Mostly I'll go daytime or if it's at night it's usually to a restaurant.Due to having a new g/f who lives there I'm going out there more in the evenings and have been dissapointed not to find bars/clubs like the ones I have mentioned which cater for an older crowd.I have been to some good pubs but I'd like a choice of more bars.So which ones are worth a visit in Hove?

I remember the press when Karma opened....it was trying to bring a little bit of chilled Ibiza to Brighton. They did bring Ibiza to Brighton but it was the Brits abroad San An part unfortunately.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Interesting question. IMHO Brighton doesn’t really do upmarket and certainly doesn’t do high end.....which is something I quite like about Brighton.

I agree, I remember a few years back a few of us went to a newly opened bar in Brighton (I forget what it was called then, it was next to games workshop) and were turned away for wearing trainers, they were trying to run a shoes only bar based on the success of their London branch. We laughed at the bouncer and said 'good luck in Brighton mate with the shoe policy'. It was shut within 2 months.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree, I remember a few years back a few of us went to a newly opened bar in Brighton (I forget what it was called then, it was next to games workshop) and were turned away for wearing trainers, they were trying to run a shoes only bar based on the success of their London branch. We laughed at the bouncer and said 'good luck in Brighton mate with the shoe policy'. It was shut within 2 months.

Ha. Blanch House tried and failed with an upmarket members bar in Kemp Town as well. It was where Proud now is. Although that might have gone now as well.

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
In some respects I’m baffled like you, in others I’m not. Hotel Du Vin is nice for a decent cocktail if that floats your boat.

I would recommend a few craft beer bars but there’s every chance me or my Man Squad will also be in there....and your new girlfriends head will be turned. In fact we’d probably turn your head as well.

You wouldn't turn my girlfriends head but when the mother-in-law comes over maybe you will turn hers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here