Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Barrymore pool death

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Put the pitchforks away. There has been jokes about every famous death since time began. (Ian St John died, Jimmy Grieves was the last one I heard). You may not find them funny but are you *really* offended? If you are genuinely offended don't whatever you do google Caroline Flack jokes or you will have a coronary.

When I was a kid there were always sick jokes about news events and they were shared with friends in the playground or down the pub. There seems to be a large section of the population who think that writing them on the internet is the same thing. It isn't. It's more like spending a day standing in Churchill Square with a megaphone, shouting your joke at every stranger who passes by. If you went to the bother of doing this, you wouldn't be surprised to find that some people didn't like it. Subsequently arguing that it is they who are the problem would be very silly.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have a severe lack of sympathy for anyone who has fame and wealth who get caught up in situations like this. Drugs, Alcohol and a swimming pool is rarely going to end well.
If anyone is remotely interested.

https://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2019/07/michael-barrymore-what-happened.html
I just watched The Life and Death of Caroline Flack which was on last night. I think its disgusting we live in a society which allows people (the press) to completely destroy someones life.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Put the pitchforks away. There has been jokes about every famous death since time began. (Ian St John died, Jimmy Grieves was the last one I heard). You may not find them funny but are you *really* offended? If you are genuinely offended don't whatever you do google Caroline Flack jokes or you will have a coronary.
I suggest you watch the programme about her last night and then come back to alter your post

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

In your last line you are actually saying "If you're offended by "sick" jokes don't go searching for them".

Well, der!

But this thread isn't labelled "Jokes about death" or "Sick jokes this way". No one entered this thread looking for them.

I've enjoyed sick jokes in my time. Still do when they're funny and not just an excuse for spouting hatred or bigotry. But I also understand we all have our own limits and sharing that type of joke isn't something you do in the middle of a football forum's thread discussing the latest news in a long gestating story of someone's death. Start a thread title 'sick jokes' and I would say anyone offended only has themselves to blame for opening such a thread. Slip 'sick jokes' into otherwise 'innocent' threads, then nah, not appropriate.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
In your last line you are actually saying "If you're offended by "sick" jokes don't go searching for them".

Well, der!

But this thread isn't labelled "Jokes about death" or "Sick jokes this way". No one entered this thread looking for them.

I've enjoyed sick jokes in my time. Still do when they're funny and not just an excuse for spouting hatred or bigotry. But I also understand we all have our own limits and sharing that type of joke isn't something you do in the middle of a football forum's thread discussing the latest news in a long gestating story of someone's death. Start a thread title 'sick jokes' and I would say anyone offended only has themselves to blame for opening such a thread. Slip 'sick jokes' into otherwise 'innocent' threads, then nah, not appropriate.

I agree, I wonder, just by going by the peurile username if he's an adolescent lad, and he is a little naive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I just watched The Life and Death of Caroline Flack which was on last night. I think its disgusting we live in a society which allows people (the press) to completely destroy someones life.

It's certainly true that the media has an awful lot to answer for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here