[News] Barry Humphries RIP

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
RIP, I saw yesterday that he had complications after a hip operation :down:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Dame Edna....Lily Savage wants someone to gossip to upstairs.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Funny people not always nice, Spike Milligan was famously so, maybe his War Years, maybe his underlying mental issues.
Supposedly Jerry Lewis was a really terrible human being. Trouble is with people, you can only really know if you personally know them because anyone can write anything about anyone else.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Funny people not always nice, Spike Milligan was famously not, maybe his War Years, maybe his underlying mental issues.
John Cleese also

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
One of my clients was a " funder " of one of his Theatre shows. In the late 90s and we got invited to meet him. I find Dame Edna Hilarious but I sometimes found the Les Paterson character literally too crude and a but over the top. And I know that's who the character is supposed to be. So I never knew which one I would meet once the mask came off.

What I ended up meeting was neither. I met an absolutely ultra interesting, intelligent individual who was so knowledgeable and almost Uber academic that I was totally floored by how clever he was.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Another legend leaves.

I heard a story many years back that on a flight, he secretly put coleslaw in a sick bag. Later with people next to him he pretended to be sick into the bag, then got a fork out and ate it to the horror of those around him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Another legend leaves.

I heard a story many years back that on a flight, he secretly put coleslaw in a sick bag. Later with people next to him he pretended to be sick into the bag, then got a fork out and ate it to the horror of those around him.
I know exactly the story. BH told the story on 5live once. He said he was banned from all Quantas flights for about 10 years after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here