Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barnsley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Do we actually want to get in the play offs? Do we actually want to win them? Do we actually want to get into the premier league? Do we actually want to get humiliated week in week out next season? I don't.

Ok Oscar, maybe you should have thought of that before you took the job.

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
Do we actually want to get in the play offs? Do we actually want to win them? Do we actually want to get into the premier league? Do we actually want to get humiliated week in week out next season? I don't.

Yeah for 1 reason money. We could improve our squad massively

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I truly believe if we had a British manager like Malky, Hoddle, Pearson or the like of with the squad we have plus one or two extras we would be top of the league by a mile at the moment.

Yeah. Having a British manager automatically makes our players preform better.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Utter dross. A days wages for that, Wow.

Why haven't you got 'pride' in our players, like our Head Coach had after the game

Oscar: I can't ask for more'

"I look at the performance of my players and I feel they did what I asked of them. I cannot criticise them and say that they could have played better. They have given everything and I am proud of them.
:lol: :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brighton, the strikers graveyard, its been going on for too long, I'm starting to suspect its not just the head coach who is responsible for this. Director of football, whats he doing? Oh yes, that'll be Lita, Obika and now the Big Jesse, shockingly bad.

Lingard is too lightweight but isn't skilful enough to make up for it. If the Man United scouts are watching his progress I don't think the reports are that enthusiastic.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well I honestly think, that if the players train hard and pay attention to the management, in no time at all they'll be crap.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
That's because a lot of them on here live in cloud cuckoo land but believe their own delusions mate.
This is a kick and punch your way out division not literally but I think you see my point !
Tippy tappy football works to a certain point then it just grinds a team to a halt.
I personally think more than half of them don't look interested in playing under him at all.
We need some really experienced players too, that aren't afraid of getting kicked about and give as good as they get.
We have Lingard on loan for instance the lad spends more time on the deck than he does standing up !!!
Kusack looks like he wants out now too.
Great !!!!!!

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
That's because a lot of them on here live in cloud cuckoo land but believe their own delusions mate.
This is a kick and punch your way out division not literally but I think you see my point !
Tippy tappy football works to a certain point then it just grinds a team to a halt.
I personally think more than half of them don't look interested in playing under him at all.
We need some really experienced players too, that aren't afraid of getting kicked about and give as good as they get.
We have Lingard on loan for instance the lad spends more time on the deck than he does standing up !!!
Kusack looks like he wants out now too.
Great !!!!!!

Spot on......the Championship is a very English league and needs the english psych. ...not continental possession tip tap....

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
Tomaz is getting too big headed for the club he believes he is to good for us and I reckon he will go and sit on the bench for a prem club again

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Lingard is too lightweight but isn't skilful enough to make up for it. If the Man United scouts are watching his progress I don't think the reports are that enthusiastic.

Manchester United are looking to off load him, £5m, no chance. There must be something in his loan deal that means he starts every game, because I can't see that he warrants automatic selection. He's not the player we wanted.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I'm sure he's got a lot of ability but he's far too lightweight to meet our needs at the moment. Oscar doesn't seem to have a clue where he would be most effective and he's certainly not proved to be a goal scorer!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'm sure he's got a lot of ability but he's far too lightweight to meet our needs at the moment. Oscar doesn't seem to have a clue where he would be most effective and he's certainly not proved to be a goal scorer!

There are many on here who spotted your sentiments from the first two games we saw him play, as we did with Obika. How much research did our Director of Football do on him before we signed him on loan ?His signing, Obika and Lita smack of desperation and no coherent strategy, I have misgivings at the way things are being handled behind the scenes and the constant reference to FFP as a justification for not planning and executing a seasons plan. This is very poor from people whose job it is to do this.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Just seen the highlights. I'm not sure why Wilson is moaning about the first yellow as it was clearly for their guy petulantly kicking the ball away rather than the foul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here