Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley vs Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just opened my second bottle of New Zealands finest :whisky: (when are they gonna get a wine drinking smilie?) Sitting listening to the wireless with fingers poised over the keyboard.
Apologies now if it gets a bit sweary later on :thumbsup:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
For all those BBC live text fans out there, here's a little something to keep you going:

0:00: the referee starts the match.

4:58: Dean Hammond deflects a cross over his own crossbar. Corner taken by David Lopez Moreno, resulting in open play.

Man, I can't wait for that crazy stuff to start!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes, yes he is. And my biggest concern lies with the fact that, in all honesty, he's been a passenger for most of the season, and we've now reached a point where passengers are no good to us. Either he gets his act together and stops picking and choosing when he plays, or he disappears. I'm not a fan, yes he's a great player, but not a team player. I think if we got shot, it wouldn't be detrimental to the side, in fact, it could help.

Unless he's prepared to play as an out and out striker, in which case, go for it!! :thumbsup:

Two things... 1) I'm pretty sure Gus picks and chooses whoever he wants, 2) Vicente is not a striker and should never be played there...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ulloa first goal scorer and 3-0 to us......... 80/1 don't say I didn't tell you.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Optimism, positivism, hopefulness, enthusiasm, confidence.

Stuff like that.

Barnsley 0 Brighton 2*

*actual result may vary.

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Can I listen to the commentary Online anywhere.. the BBC Sussex online station says ON AIR: Barnsley v Brighton & HA and Yeovil Town v Crawley Town. ONLINE: Mark Forrest.?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
We're in Texas for SXSW and are going to miss the Palace game, anyone know if it's being screened on Fox or something in the US?

Three points tonight please.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes, yes he is. And my biggest concern lies with the fact that, in all honesty, he's been a passenger for most of the season, and we've now reached a point where passengers are no good to us. Either he gets his act together and stops picking and choosing when he plays, or he disappears. I'm not a fan, yes he's a great player, but not a team player. I think if we got shot, it wouldn't be detrimental to the side, in fact, it could help.

Unless he's prepared to play as an out and out striker, in which case, go for it!! :thumbsup:

Rubbish.

The team we have playing tonight should be good enough to beat Barnsley. Vicente will be fitter, mentally and physically, for Palace. Yes we've done OK without him, but he is as good as it gets in this division. Surely you'd prefer us to start against Palace with him in the team. He could destroy them!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
So it's the same side, that didn't muster a shot last week against Bristol City, apart from the forced change up front. Christ on a bike, he is planning for Palace, just like he was planning for Bolton. Let's just hope and pray Barnsley are worse than Bristol City..Bitter cold Tuesday night in Yorkshire, is not the best place to gamble. Although granted, it wouldn't be a game for Vicente. Which begs the question is he just a luxury we can ill afford at this stage of the season???

What team would you have played exactly? With the exception of Vicente, that's the strongest attacking side we can muster at the moment ffs. I'd be saving him for Palace too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
come on you super seagulls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here