Barnsley vs Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So it's the same side, that didn't muster a shot last week against Bristol City, apart from the forced change up front. Christ on a bike, he is planning for Palace, just like he was planning for Bolton. Let's just hope and pray Barnsley are worse than Bristol City..Bitter cold Tuesday night in Yorkshire, is not the best place to gamble. Although granted, it wouldn't be a game for Vicente. Which begs the question is he just a luxury we can ill afford at this stage of the season???

As he isn't playing its not really relevant tonight....or are you planning for sunday? :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm starting for the Albion and we're still going to win! (I'm not really.)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
So it's the same side, that didn't muster a shot last week against Bristol City, apart from the forced change up front. Christ on a bike, he is planning for Palace, just like he was planning for Bolton. Let's just hope and pray Barnsley are worse than Bristol City..Bitter cold Tuesday night in Yorkshire, is not the best place to gamble. Although granted, it wouldn't be a game for Vicente. Which begs the question is he just a luxury we can ill afford at this stage of the season???

That's the spirit.

6-0 to us

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Keep the radio off and watch Nsc for updates.
That's how I spent the last 20 minutes of Bristol City, folding washing and other mundane tasks.

I'm starting with radio and making lunch boxes, I may well move onto phone radio.

God this is tense, the season could rest on this decision!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Agree with you Kev. Best side we could probably had hoped for, in the circumstances, and some decent players on the bench. Thank God for Gus. :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's how I spent the last 20 minutes of Bristol City, folding washing and other mundane tasks.

I'm starting with radio and making lunch boxes, I may well move onto phone radio.

God this is tense, the season could rest on this decision!

:lolol:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I do hope so, I do worry about the lightweights on a freezing cold, minus glove, Tuesday night in Yorkshire, on what's probably a shit pitch to boot.

Don't worry too much, I believe we actually have the best away record in the league (although it may just be that we are the team with fewest losses on the road, I can't remember truthfully). But we don't lose very often!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What would you do if you were the Barnsley manager? Tonight I would become MacWarnock.

I'd send my team out to get in the Brighton players faces. I'd risk a couple of yellows by going in hard on Ulloa knowing there is no other strikers on the bench. I'd smash Buckley at the first opportunity. I'd put a player on Bridcutt. I'd put my quickest winger on the right.

This could be a nightmare!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Yes, yes he is. And my biggest concern lies with the fact that, in all honesty, he's been a passenger for most of the season, and we've now reached a point where passengers are no good to us. Either he gets his act together and stops picking and choosing when he plays, or he disappears. I'm not a fan, yes he's a great player, but not a team player. I think if we got shot, it wouldn't be detrimental to the side, in fact, it could help.

Unless he's prepared to play as an out and out striker, in which case, go for it!! :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Don't worry too much, I believe we actually have the best away record in the league (although it may just be that we are the team with fewest losses on the road, I can't remember truthfully). But we don't lose very often!

Four clubs with a better points tally than ours (25) on the road (Cardiff 30, Hull 30, Watford 33 and Charlton 29). Watford and ourselves, have lost the fewest (five).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports