Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley & the Seagulls

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And Smith's goal would have WON the game for us, not equalised.

SHIT comparison, frankly.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I really feel for Barnsley their route to Wembley had been so tough and the opposition they had vanquished was so mighty that I was praying for them to get past "Bog Club" Cardiff, although I knew they would fail somewhere in my heart of hearts.

Incidentally I very very rarely have "feelings" about the way a game will go, but for some reason I knew we would lose on Saturday as well, very odd, not just a vague one either, I was convinced it would be a high scoring game with us losing.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's a bit tenuous to be honest.

As has been pointed out, the significance of the two goals that might have been in question are completely different.

Smith's would have WON Albion the FA cup.

Odejayi's could have lead to any number of outcomes: an equaliser that lead the game to extra time, to see their team lose; an equaliser that lead the game to extra time and penalties, to see their team lose; an equaliser that lead to a platform from which the Tykes could have gone on to achieve victory, which would only have seen them reach the final, which they could quite easily have gone on to lose.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Smith didn't shoot wide either. Bailey saved the shot with his legs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here