Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
No. If you play as a target man your job is hold the ball up, lay it off maybe get into the channels and cross the ball. This creates goalscoring opportunities for either the attacking midfielder or your strike partner.

Murray did this very very well today. Yes I agree he probably should have got on the score-sheet in the first half but the chance in the second, well, he did everything right. It was very good defending.

But if you look at Murrays whole all round performance he did very very well.
But if you insist on being a moron and just look at ONE STATISTIC for a player then you will probably think he was bad.

But what is the most important job?

scoring goals, ofcourse. Thats what wins you games. He costs us more than he scores

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Oh, you're one of those brainless ones I see. We won = we're amazing. I presume when we lose we're automatically terrible too. A 2-1 win against Walsall does not make us a team of 11 footballing gods any more than a 1-0 loss at Sheffield Wednesday makes us a team of flids.

I don't think she was commenting particularly on the performance, more on your inability to actually enjoy a good brighton win over a hard to beat side.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
But what is the most important job?

scoring goals, ofcourse. Thats what wins you games. He costs us more than he scores

What?

He costs us more than he scored?

Planet earth to Hitman?

MURRAY was excellent today.

MURRAY linked up well with Barnes today.

Who was it who set up Barnes with a great pass........ oh yes it was MURRAY.

:US:

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Er creating goalscoring opportunities.

What would you rather have:

half a dozen good chances to score created by Murray
or
one goal from Murray in a game.

If he ignored all the other parts of his game and just went for goalscoring then we would have been no where near as dominant in that game.

One goal, if he scores in every game he scores 46 and we have a great chance of getting promoted if the defenders do their job.

Simple really.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Er creating goalscoring opportunities.

What would you rather have:

half a dozen good chances to score created by Murray
or
one goal from Murray in a game.

If he ignored all the other parts of his game and just went for goalscoring then we would have been no where near as dominant in that game.

And the one Smith headed over.

Had forgotten that clarkey, see Hitman, MURRAY did so much today, Im forgetting how many good things he did.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Had forgotten that clarkey, see Hitman, MURRAY did so much today, Im forgetting how many good things he did.

If you were to read my posts you would see i am not saying he had a bad game. Just stating that he missed two clear sitters that any top league one striker and 20+ goals a season striker would have scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here