Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes to Burnley again

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He's 24 tomorrow. We wouldn't get any compensation as the rules go by the players age on June 30th (The day before the transfer window opens and the day *most* football contracts end). Rule 67.1 covers it.

Thanks. I was unsure as to whether it was 23/24 at the start of his final year or 23/24 at the completion of the contract.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Someone on Twitter thinks Danny Ings is off to Liverpool, hence why they are looking for Ashley Barnes as a replacement.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This. Absolute rubbish. Danny Ings is nowhere near good enough for Liverpool! He's had ONE good Championship season!

Well you could argue that he is only 21.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps an agent has started the liverpool rumour to prompt bids from more realistic premier league clubs (norwich, west brom, stoke etc)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
This. Absolute rubbish. Danny Ings is nowhere near good enough for Liverpool! He's had ONE good Championship season!

So had Andy Carol when Liverpool purchased him from Newcastle

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Didnt people say the same about Murray and the Championship?

I'd say there is a big difference between stepping up from League One to the Championship(with Crystal Palace)expecting mediocrity, and stepping from The Championship to the very top end of the Premier League(with Liverpool)with fans expecting to be in the Champions League.

Dec 29, 2011
That occured to me, but Rodgers traditionally favours 1 striker. He has Suarez, Sturridge, Alberto, Aspas and Borini on his books.

Alberto isn't a striker, Suarez will be off in the summer and carries the potential of a random red card, Sturridge is very injury prone, Aspas doesn't look up to much and Borini is on a season-long loan. Basically there's a good chance Liverpool could be short of a decent striker very soon if they get a bit of bad luck. That being said, I have no idea why they think signing Ings would solve this problem.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Alberto isn't a striker, Suarez will be off in the summer and carries the potential of a random red card, Sturridge is very injury prone, Aspas doesn't look up to much and Borini is on a season-long loan. Basically there's a good chance Liverpool could be short of a decent striker very soon if they get a bit of bad luck. That being said, I have no idea why they think signing Ings would solve this problem.

Suarez has been offered a very lucrative deal to stay, Alberto has gone on record saying his preferred position is striker, Sturridge has been unlucky this season becuase Roy played him with an existing niggle, Aspas has been injured so hasn't had the chance to show his worth yet, I appreciate Borini is on loan but he's still a striker that belongs to Liverpool.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I lose track, is Victor Moses at liverpool? Is he a striker to add to their current list?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd say there is a big difference between stepping up from League One to the Championship(with Crystal Palace)expecting mediocrity, and stepping from The Championship to the very top end of the Premier League(with Liverpool)with fans expecting to be in the Champions League.

Yes there is but players moving up sometimes adapt themselves to the higher standard whether or not he can remains to be seen.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I just read the first page of this without looking at the dates thinking 'why would he get loaned for two weeks before they buy him in January :ffsparr:

I hope he doesn't go. I like him, and I think that Oscar does too, given that Lita isn't getting a sniff, for whatever reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here