• no sell he is shit

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • not sure

Votes: 33 22.6%

• Total voters

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Out. He's at it every friggin match, facing up, theatrics, in the ref's face. Only surprising thing for me is he hasn't got more reds

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
How many chances does he need! Has let us down again, just when we need strikers the most. Surely Gus will lose patience with him this time. The blokes a bell end!!

Sadly, I think you're right. It's not a matter of ability, he clearly has some and can be an asset to the team at times. However, he obviously can't control his temper, with the result that he misses far too many games unnecessarily.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They will start up again when he goes and scores 30 goals for another Championship/Premiership side.

That is very funny, these AB threads are revealing a previously untapped well of comic contributors..... :D:D:D

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Voted not sure, only because you can pretty much guarantee that if we do get shot of him because he's shit and a bell end that he'll score for fun somewhere else! Perhaps just leave him in the development squad where he can't do us any harm!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Barnes get paid to play football for Brighton and Hove Albion and sometimes he plays well. Least we forget that is what he gets paid for. But all to often, he needs five chances to score one. He is a liability in front of goal and a liability with his attitude on the pitch. He is a very very average championship player at best and we should get shot as soon as possible...Be honest, every time things don't go Barnes's way on the pitch, more often than not he does something stupid. What if he done it in a play off semi or even a final??? He should wake up every morning and thank his lucky stars,how a player with such limited ability is playing championship football, instead he lets his manager, his team mates and the fans down,,,,,AGAIN!!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Keep.. he's still young and developing.
He is comfortably good enough to be a squad player for us and I hope he is allowed to develop and reach his full potential as an Albion player.

I don't see many comments on who (realistically) we should get in to replace him anyway. Just the usual knee-jerk reactions with no solutions offered.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If, as people are saying, he's still young and developing then stick him in the development squad until he matures from the child that he is, although I'd rather get shot of the liability altogether.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Keep. He's only 23 so still young enough to learn from his mistakes. Got to curb them temper I agree as he can be a liability when the red mist comes in, but worth giving the guy another chance I think.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Of course we keep him. Nobody's perfect and he wasn't the cause of our defeat. A shame we won't have him for the next few games, but that speaks of his necessity to the cause rather than his on and off inabilities. Ok he's as ragi as hell, but ideally he'll control that over time and solely use that for his/our benefit than looking to trip up referees in the last minute. If we got rid of everyone uncontrollably angry in our lives then i'd have about 300 on my ignore list right now. So let's get a grip eh and turn off the childish vilification of a player who has made a difference both good and bad in our recent past, considerably more for the former.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Keep.. he's still young and developing.
He is comfortably good enough to be a squad player for us and I hope he is allowed to develop and reach his full potential as an Albion player.

I don't see many comments on who (realistically) we should get in to replace him anyway. Just the usual knee-jerk reactions with no solutions offered.

they might suggest bringing a certain player back that plays up the road or even both

but no hang on I seem to remember on this board people say how shite he/they were

I know why don't we all shut up and let the management sort things out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here