Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes red looks fair

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just seen the highlights on sky sports news. Barnes goes in 2 footed and off the ground! Can see why he was given a red easily... Idiot
So why were SSN saying the ref sent off the wrong player?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just seen it, and I still don't think it was a red.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I haven't seen the replays but at the time I thought that the Burnley guy had gone in two footed and Barnes had tried to jump out the way?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Barnes jumped out the way. Landed on burnley player. Burnley player over reacted, red card for burnley player, for original tackle/reaction eithier or. In all other realities than this one. Fact

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Well I've been learning on nsc tonight that apparently if you go in two-footed on an opposition player's shins and get nowhere near the ball it doesn't matter, the other player who gets a little bit angry at being assaulted is actually in the wrong. Or so the people who can't separate a blind faith in Albion players and objectivity will tell you.

Replayed it five times. Still cant see your point. barnes never makes a tackle.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I Havnt seen a replay. My immediate reaction when I saw Barnes' tackle was that he may get a yellow. Then the burnley player reacted and I thought he may get a red. I was surprised that Barnes ended up with the red.

And I Havnt a clue what did for vincelot but he seemed to indicate he has been butted.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Well I've been learning on nsc tonight that apparently if you go in two-footed on an opposition player's shins and get nowhere near the ball it doesn't matter, the other player who gets a little bit angry at being assaulted is actually in the wrong. Or so the people who can't separate a blind faith in Albion players and objectivity will tell you.

3fb3422d4b91ff8fac8ccf764a3969769b0736.gif

Ha ha ha - have you been learning Timmy?

Redhill Seagull

Oct 22, 2003
Redhill
At the game i thought Barnes was totally innocent. Having seen the tv reply Barnes comes in with a high foot and looks like he is going to stamp on the player but at the last second he jumps over the burnley player who clatters into him and then reacts and grabs Barnes around the throat. I think yellow for both players but just a red for barnes is just wrong.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Pic? First reaction was red for the scummy northerner.... I look forward to seeing it on the telebox tonight

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Just seen it and as I thought at the time the Burnley player has gone in two footed and definitely should have gone. Barnes did leave his foot in but his tackle was not dangerous unlike the Burnley tackle. Then the same Burnley player who should have got sent off for the tackle grabbed Barnes round the neck. Absolutely diabolical decision.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here