Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes interview!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wow Ashley Barnes came across thick as sh@t in that interview on ESPN

Seeing as you're so intelligent, there should be an apostrophe after "Stevens" in your username, a comma after "wow", and the word "as" in between across and thick. And a full stop at the end.

You're welcome.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He was really nervous. Hes probably never been interviewed on national tv before so not surprising. Give him a break.

I prefer to concentrate on his OUTSTANDING header and confident penalty. I think his critics also forget how young he is still.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wasn't dissing him, just stating an observation! FFS calm down you lot, I actually rate him
as a player

Right, well there are quite regularly threads started on here by the less intelligent entitled things like "Ashley Barnes Isn't Fit To Be A Footballer" and such, so forgive me (and others) for getting pissed off at another perceived slight on a night when he actually did a lot more than most of the players out there.

But fair enough, if you weren't one of those, then I apologise :thumbsup:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
For f***'s sake - when will people stop finding any old excuse to slag Barnes off. Who cares if he's not bright - he's our leading scorer & got 20 goals last season. Celebrate what he's done for our club!!!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
He was really nervous. Hes probably never been interviewed on national tv before so not surprising. Give him a break.

I prefer to concentrate on his OUTSTANDING header and confident penalty. I think his critics also forget how young he is still.

This.

Barnes is good enough - he has been played out of position recently & I don't know why some people haven't noticed that. When he plays as a striker he generally scores which is more than CMS has been doing lately (not to put CMS down either though).

We won!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wait...is this yet another thread finding a reason to have a go at Barnes?

Mods...any chance of merging all the existing Barnes threads so the people who hate him don't need to start new ones every time? Plus it'll be a lot easier for them to find where to look each time he makes a slight mistake and they want to slate him for it. And the rest of us won't have to go further and further down the homepage to find something we actually do want to read.

Thanks.

is it possible to go over a 100 pages though?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This.

Barnes is good enough - he has been played out of position recently & I don't know why some people haven't noticed that. When he plays as a striker he generally scores which is more than CMS has been doing lately (not to put CMS down either though).

We won!

o plez don't let winning and barnes being understandably nervous get in the way of a good go at a player lol

xLostprophet

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Yes we weren't great, yes we were matched by Wrexham, but we were a part of the magic of the FA Cup & what you little ass-clowns need to realize is that if it wasn't for Ashley Barnes we would not of even been in the position of a penalty shoot out!

The boy has been played out of position for most of the season but yet he hasn't complained & has just been glad to be in the team and playing!

Yes he did mess up on a TV interview, but he's not the first (only last year were fans saying how amazing Balotelli was for swearing, live in a FA Cup Final interview), give Barnes a break he is only human!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
:clap: from those conveniently ignoring the great headed equaliser (something CMS, Adgastein & Hoskins couldn't manage), and great penalty.

it was a very good header

my S4C subtitles (didnt have red button option for english commentary) seemed to suggest the commentators thought it was a routine finish for any striker - i thought the ball was behind him, which made it quite tricky to direct with power.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good positioning and a very good header - accurate and with power. I liked it in the interview when he stressed his intent on scoring lots more this season and played in the right positions he will.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Wait...is this yet another thread finding a reason to have a go at Barnes?

Mods...any chance of merging all the existing Barnes threads so the people who hate him don't need to start new ones every time? Plus it'll be a lot easier for them to find where to look each time he makes a slight mistake and they want to slate him for it. And the rest of us won't have to go further and further down the homepage to find something we actually do want to read.

Thanks.

check my post history - i am a big fan of barnes - but on every level - that interview was pure gold hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here