Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes coming back?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would this be the same Ashley Barnes that has played some part in the last 2 Premier League games for Burnley? If it is, what do you seriously think the answer will be?

Premier League games with Burnley or return to a Championship club that refused to better their offer of a new contract last season and where a section of the clubs supporters supposedly don't rate him

He's been ****ing awful in the Prem tho'. I agree he wouldn't come back, and that pleases me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He's been ****ing awful in the Prem tho'. I agree he wouldn't come back, and that pleases me.

you must get about a bit if you saw both these games live?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Anyone would think he has done something since he has left us??? Spent three years trying to get shot of him. Not sure how he would fit into what we are trying to do at all. It's seems to me Sammi is trying to fill the team with technically gifted players, don't see how Barnes fits description.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
you must get about a bit if you saw both these games live?

I admit I only saw the highlights of his last effort. Nice miss on MOTD by the boy blunder.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I thought that was a good effort for chesting down a volley to himself with his back to goal.

Let's face it, he is NEVER a Prem player. As I said earlier, an average Championship one at best. Personally, I like the look of our new striker... but if you prefer the hard-working dullard, feisty type, then so be it...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Let's face it, he is NEVER a Prem player. As I said earlier, an average Championship one at best. Personally, I like the look of our new striker... but if you prefer the hard-working dullard, feisty type, then so be it...

well he obviously is because thats where he is playing

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
well he obviously is because thats where he is playing

You know what i mean. He is VERY lucky to be there. Plenty of others have played at that level and should not have. He joins a long list of players playing above their ability level. Obika played for us!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
QUOTE=Crispy Ambulance;6530699]Anyone else heard this?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Cliff Barnes :lolol:

Cliff1.jpg

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Your argument fails when you use Obika as a comparison.
I was just using him as an example of a player playing above his level. Barnes is definitely a better player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here