Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes charged (updated: misses 7 matches!)

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Barnes temper, like el abd's man handling, is a liability to the rest of the team.

At the Watford away game Barnes literally grabbed a player and turned him upside down! In response to a mild tackle. Which was funny, but he was lucky to stay on the pitch.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
this
I also think that the sort of out and out abuse Barnes has had on here is obsessive, I JUST HOPE HE DOES NOT READ THIS.
it does make me wonder if Murray used to read NSC although the abuse he used to get was not quite so bad,and I hope it did not make up his mind to move on.
can someone on here tell me why do some abuse players so much
we are 7th with a good chance of getting to the play-offs still, and yet some still want to find something or someone to have a go at is it exactly that we are 7th with that chance and they get excited about it or is it IMHO that they just like to have a go at anyone in the blue and white stripes because they can.
I can understand people having a go if the person is shite but we don't have any in our team that you might put in that category,
there are some who are young and a little immature or maybe just not up to it on the day but who of us have not had days like that or behaved in an immature way when young and poor old Gus has to get them all playing well at the same time
spot on, some of the abuse to various players but particularly recently to Barnes has been utterly unwarranted.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
this
I also think that the sort of out and out abuse Barnes has had on here is obsessive, I JUST HOPE HE DOES NOT READ THIS.
it does make me wonder if Murray used to read NSC although the abuse he used to get was not quite so bad,and I hope it did not make up his mind to move on.
can someone on here tell me why do some abuse players so much
we are 7th with a good chance of getting to the play-offs still, and yet some still want to find something or someone to have a go at is it exactly that we are 7th with that chance and they get excited about it or is it IMHO that they just like to have a go at anyone in the blue and white stripes because they can.
I can understand people having a go if the person is shite but we don't have any in our team that you might put in that category,
there are some who are young and a little immature or maybe just not up to it on the day but who of us have not had days like that or behaved in an immature way when young and poor old Gus has to get them all playing well at the same time

Good post. And particularly apt now that a loan striker is unlikely and the DS squad are likely to be involved. I do hope that if they cock up, we do not have a raft of "(insert DS squad player name here) is shite, get rid" threads as that really would be pathetic.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Why is it wrong to dislike someone from the club?
Should I not dislike/hate archer and belotti either?
I think Barnes is an awful player with as much talent as a bowl of diarrhoea, and he, single handedly could have put pay to our playoff chances, so as a fan and season ticket holder, I'm entitled to my view and yes, I still hate him

If you think he is that bad a player then surely the team is better off if he's not on the pitch. There fore the fact he got sent off and ended up with this ban would strengthen our play off chances not weaken them.

So in summary: stupid argument, not thought through by someone who will hate this player regardless.

Congratulations!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
don't you think it's a bit late to start bunging d/s players in now........he could have given toby , jake etc. the odd run earlier in the season , rather than chucking them in when the pressure is on, i know i keep going on about him but dibble:thumbsup:is the exact king of player we need now.......can't get my head round it ......i have made up in my own mind that we dont want to go up this year which i don't disagree with cos i think we'll be straight back down...........we still need that midfield general/dynamo , we still need a proven c/forward /striker in the lambert , baldock , austin mould...or we could aim higher. and we needto keep all the players we've got and possibly nabb that dutch fecker..........this is what is required to get out of this league.........i am looking at forest in disbeleif atm........lansbury is on fire.:whistle:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm a fan of Barnes, always felt like he tries his best for the team regardless of where he plays...but it's a petulant act from him and he is going to have to play out of his skin on his return to make it up to the fans. It's put the club in a difficult position selection wise.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Barnes temper, like el abd's man handling, is a liability to the rest of the team.

At the Watford away game Barnes literally grabbed a player and turned him upside down! In response to a mild tackle. Which was funny, but he was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Discipline is the master key to success, can certain players and our manager take the pressure on the run in. Don't think Ashley can, needs to sort himself out, he s no use to any team or himself being banned. This could limit his potential and career. Gus SORT IT OUT!!!

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Not that I am suggesting it should even be considered, but could the Club sack him for Gross Misconduct given the seriousness of his act?

Why would the Albion want to sack when Poyet classes him as one of our best players. I can only recall a professional player having his contract terminated when he has been found guilty of a drugs offence or been sent to Prison. The Fa have rightly banned Barnes on he word of the referee , who they should always back. A offence of tripping the referee shown on very inconclusive videos hardly warrants a sacking.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
When it was reported, it seemed so ludicrous that I fully expected the red card, let alone the ban, to be contested.....but no.
If it happened and he did deliberately impede the ref, in the mid field with nothing going on around him.....it beggars belief and the ban is only to be expected

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems about right. I bet he wishes he made contact now.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Why is it wrong to dislike someone from the club?
Should I not dislike/hate archer and belotti either?
I think Barnes is an awful player with as much talent as a bowl of diarrhoea, and he, single handedly could have put pay to our playoff chances, so as a fan and season ticket holder, I'm entitled to my view and yes, I still hate him

So you think Barnes is an awful player who single handedly could have put paid to our play off chances. By this I assume you mean that he will now not be available for team sellection even though he is an awful player. Double standards here methinks.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Surely a contender for the stupidest sending off in Albion history, if not football history.

What the hell was he thinking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here