Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes charged (updated: misses 7 matches!)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think Barnes has been really stupid on several occasions to get yellows and (3 times is it?) to get red and doesn't seem to have learned restraint yet.

However, is it a coincidence that we played really well at Bolton but lost with him and played poorly against Bristol City and Barnsley without him? I didn't see any of the matches but hopefully someone who did will answer.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
so ferdinand flattens torres and gets of scott free.............plug makes a half hearted attempt to trip the ref up and gets seven games .............WHAT A LOAD OF SHYTE....!

Its in no way the same league

you can not go around tripping or even attempting to trip a ref.

disgusting behavior

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think Barnes has been really stupid on several occasions to get yellows and (3 times is it?) to get red and doesn't seem to have learned restraint yet.

However, is it a coincidence that we played really well at Bolton but lost with him and played poorly against Bristol City and Barnsley without him? I didn't see any of the matches but hopefully someone who did will answer.
it's alright ,youve got 5 more games to compare how we play without him.........plenty of time.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
half hearted attempt to trip the nork up..........7 games = bollocks , and i would say pretty much unprecedented.

Well whatever the precedent, it does not make it remotely acceptable to try to trip-up a match official. ANY player who so much as touches a ref should face a lengthy ban. In my opinon, the three extra match ban is simply not enough, although I will obvioulsy take it as he is an Albion player and we need him.

I like Ashley as a player, as will be clearly seen from my previous posts. HOWEVER, after a very cold and frustrating afternoon in Sheffield after he got sent off up there and ruined our chance of a comeback, and now this, I am very angry with his childishness.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well whatever the precedent, it does not make it remotely acceptable to try to trip-up a match official. ANY player who so much as touches a ref should face a lengthy ban. In my opinon, the three extra match ban is simply not enough, although I will obvioulsy take it as he is an Albion player and we need him.

I like Ashley as a player, as will be clearly seen from my previous posts. HOWEVER, after a very cold and frustrating afternoon in Sheffield after he got sent off up there and ruined our chance of a comeback, and now this, I am very angry with his childishness.

and that is fair enough mate..........

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
it's alright ,youve got 5 more games to compare how we play without him.........plenty of time.

You must have missed this bit:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Spot on, I think he is very lucky with the ban he got.

didnt Prutton get 12 games?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You must have missed this bit:

it's alright ,we now have 5 more games to compare how we play without him....:thumbsup: x

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Di Canio was banned for 11 matches and fines £10k for pushing over Alcock so comparatively Barnes go off lightly. I can only assume it's because a) he failed to trip the ref and b) there seems to be very little evidence outside of a shaky fan video.

I'm a huge fan of Barnes as a footballer, many people know this and I stand by that. I think his attributes on the field are massively under appreciated and he is very under valued in terms of what he brings to the squad. However, this is up there with the highest levels of rank stupidity a footballer can do and (although I'm still unconvinced it was deliberate because I've yet to see a decent video of it) he deserves to be punished by both the FA and, more importantly in my view, by Gus.

What frustrates me most is that with Hoskins and CMS out injured and Ulloa still coming to full fitness, THIS WAS HIS CHANCE!!! He could have really staked a claim for being our no. 2 striker. As things stand, he's got a long way back from this. I still hope he can put this behind him and be as good as I genuinely think he can be but he needs to grow the f*ck up a realise that he's blowing a chance at one of the best clubs to be at outside the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here