[Travel] Barcombe Mills flooding - Darwin awards

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I don't know how they all managed to get out of this alive.
If the baltic temperature of the water didn't get them then surely the raging torrent would've swept them away to the Mariana Trench like depths. They would surely never have been seen again.
Thank God and the emergency services they were all quickly and safely rescued without any loss of life..
C3D31DDD-2884-47B2-B682-DE4CA8583012.jpeg

el punal

Its stuff like this, and the massive queues to buy a fizzy drink made by some dinlo nomarks on YouTube that make me wonder whether the human race is going to make it.
Your comment perfectly describes the scene at the McDonalds Drive Through (I refuse to use the Americanised version drive-thru :angry:) in Hedge End, Southampton. Dozens of cars queuing around their car park and then backing up onto the main road causing traffic jams all around as they block the access/exits to other retail outlets. Convenience food? My arse!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Your comment perfectly describes the scene at the McDonalds Drive Through (I refuse to use the Americanised version drive-thru :angry:) in Hedge End, Southampton. Dozens of cars queuing around their car park and then backing up onto the main road causing traffic jams all around as they block the access/exits to other retail outlets. Convenience food? My arse!
Same in Burgess Hill. Constant blockages on a busy roundabout as Karen takes her kids for tea, happy to wait 45 mins in a queue of cars despite Maccy D’s literally being in a fvcking car park.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Same in Burgess Hill. Constant blockages on a busy roundabout as Karen takes her kids for tea, happy to wait 45 mins in a queue of cars despite Maccy D’s literally being in a fvcking car park.
The one at Arundel / Lyminster can be horrific too. Proper blocks the whole one way system.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Round my way, there is a ford that floods after heavy rainful. When the kids were little I'd take them to stand on the path overlooking it and wait. We were rarely let down by a bell getting stuck despite all the warnings under the sun on the way to it.

The only downside was the arrogant tossers who made it through straightforwardly in their 4 x 4s. I never had the pleasure of watching one get stuck.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fake news.
There's no way honest salt of the earth marginalized car drivers would do such a thing.
I bet cyclists hid the signs.

Oh.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Round my way, there is a ford that floods after heavy rainful. When the kids were little I'd take them to stand on the path overlooking it and wait. We were rarely let down by a bell getting stuck despite all the warnings under the sun on the way to it.

The only downside was the arrogant tossers who made it through straightforwardly in their 4 x 4s. I never had the pleasure of watching one get stuck.
The Rufford Ford compilations on Youtube are legendary………

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For award winning Darwinism you need to see the fucknuckles parked on the railway line at Shoreham McDonalds, desperate to get in for some processed lard

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its stuff like this, and the massive queues to buy a fizzy drink made by some dinlo nomarks on YouTube that make me wonder whether the human race is going to make it.
It would make my year if 'dinlo' turned out to be tomorrow's Wordle answer :lolol:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fake news.
There's no way honest salt of the earth marginalized car drivers would do such a thing.
I bet cyclists hid the signs.

Oh.

I love the fact that the twatters are blaming the council rather than the wanka drivers (presumably for failing to barb-wire the pavement to keep the cars out, so that pedestrians could, er, something something something)

It was that f***ing Jeremy Corbyn again, wasn't it? ???

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Self inflicted rescue, those that were rescued should have to pay for the emergency services attending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here